Visitor

It was barely five o'clock in the morning, but Haley couldn't take it anymore, Josh had promised to bring Chloe back to campus yesterday and not only hadn't he done that, she hadn't heard anything from any of them since she spoke to her brother two days ago. 
"Haley, would you come back to bed?" she glanced over at Cam lounging on her bed and pulled a shirt over her head, no matter how much she wanted to go lay down with him, she couldn't do it as long as she didn't know what the hell was going on with Chloe. 
"I'm going to Josh's, I need to know Chloe's okay" Cam sighed and pushed himself of the bed, pulling on his sneakers and grabbing his suade jacket from where it was dispatched on the floor by her bed. 
"Then I'm coming with you" she turned and looked at him, she could tell from the determined set of his shoulders that there was no talking him out of it but she still tried. 
"You don't have to do that, I'm perfectly capable of getting to my brother on my own" she said and he rolled his eyes before he walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. 
"You don't really think I'm going to let you go on your own in the middle of the night, do you?"
"I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself" she protested and Cam rolled his eyes. 
"I know, but I don't care, and besides..." he grinned and reached inside his pocket, pulling out a set of keys. 
"I have a car, and you don't" she couldn't argue with that so she just nodded her head and offered up a smile. 
"Fine" she agreed and he grinned, she loved that grin, and she felt it like a punch to her gut when she realized his smile wasn't the only thing she loved, she loved him.  
Her sudden epiphany caught her off guard and she cleared her voice before she pulled away. 
"I'm just gonna put on some pants," she murmured quietly and turned her back to him, she didn't know how to handle her new realisation, she'd never loved anybody that wasn't her family before. 
"Hey, are you okay?" she swallowed and offered him a smile over her shoulder. 
"Fine, worried is all" she could tell he didn't by it for one second, but he wouldn't pry, another thing she loved about him. 
"If you say so," she felt guilty for suddenly being so chilly, but she needed some time to think about this, to get her mind straight. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rain was pouring outside and Chloe snuggled deeper into Josh's side. He was sleeping quietly beside her and she didn't know whether it was on instinct or if he was really awake, but he tightened his arms around her and she was once again reminded of how safe she felt being with him. 
She'd had a hard time sleeping last night, nightmares and bad memories from the past kept tormenting her and she'd woken up screaming several times during the night, but Josh had been there every single time to chase away her fears and calm her down. 
She couldn't get over how warm he was, it was like she had her very own furnace sleeping beside her and she was positive she wouldn't even need a blanket to stay warm as long as she remained in his embrace. He looked so peaceful in his sleep, all those frowns of worry from yesterday was gone and he looked like he didn't have a care in the world, he was truly the most beautiful man she had ever seen. 
"What are you looking at?" his sleepy murmur caused her to smile and she kissed his bare chest. 
"You. You're really beautiful, you know that?" he opened one eyes and cocked a brow at her and she laughed softly. 
"Is this something you recently discovered or?" she slapped his chest playfully and laughed as he rolled them over, hovering above her. 
"Nobody is blind to your devilish good looks, but I've never really noticed how beautiful you are until now." 
"Why, thank you" he said in a girlish voice and fluttered his lashes and she rolled her eyes. 
"Don't get high on yourself Mr, that's not why I said it." he grinned and kissed her and she closed her eyes, melting into his kiss. 
"Mmm, I could stay like this all day," he whispered against her lips and she gazed up at him, wondering how the hell she'd become so lucky as to find such a great guy. Admittedly it was a little weird that he was her bestfriends brother, but as long as Haley didn't seem to have a problem with it she wouldn't make a fuss about it. 
"But... considering I promised Haley I'd have you back to your dorm last night, I think we might have company very soon if I know my sister." As if on cue the doorbell seemed to be going crazy and Chloe laughed when Josh groaned and rested his forehead against hers. 
"We could just ignore it" he muttered and Chloe found her self laughing again, what a change from all the crying she'd been doing the past 48 hours, it was nice to be able to smile again. 
"You know she won't stop, it's your sister we're talking about." A second later Josh's cell started ringing and he sighed as he pushed up and got out of bed, leaving Chloe to admire his wonderful physique. 
He was wearing nothing but a pair of boxershorts and her eyes followed his body from his muscular legs up to his very fine ass and toned upperbody, she couldn't see anything but muscles anywhere. 
"See something you like?" he tossed a cocky grin at her as he pulled on a pair of black fitted jeans and she stretched out, the blanket falling off and grinning as his eyes darkened. 
"You know I do," she told him and he shook his head with a pained groan. 
"Your killing me," she got out of bed as well and was amazed by how comfortable she felt standing before him in nothing but her laungerie and she actually reveled in the way he was looking at her, like she was something precious. 
"Go answer the door before Haley breaks in," Chloe ordered and he took one more fleeting look at her before he went to open the door.