Code 3 : 1

Normal POV

Mr Capricorn then walked towards the phone at the front of the class.

"Yeah hello?...challenge accepted.......lunch time.....code..." He looked towards Natsu and Lucy then the rest of the class. I grin plastered itself onto his face. "Code 3."

"Code 3?" "Isn't that Grand competition?" "Yeah,it is?"

"What's grand competition?" Asked Jellal.

"Oh yeah. I forgot you guys were new." Mira said smiling.

"Grand competition is a series of three events. Three songs. Three styles." Erza explained.

"A solo, a duet and a band performance," Juvia continued.

"You're judged by the school and teachers. First to beat your opponent in 2 performances win," added Wendy.

"Then what's the point in solo if you win band and duet?" Cole questioned.

"They judge you in every section 'cause even if you lose you have a chance to move up in ranks. You may lose band but be awesome at solos." Finshed Kagura.

"What are rankings?" Rouge.

"How do you not know what rankings are? You can't challenge a person without knowing! I'm 3rd place in the best singer category!" Sting.

"So you're the person that boot me down to fourth." Lucy said giving him a straight face with a deadly aura enwreathing her.

"Hehe..."

~Time skip : before lunch~

Lucy POV

"What was I thinking?! I can't verse him. My secret would be out! What am I going to do! I'm gon-"

"Lucy!" Levy screamed in her ear.

"Calm down Lu-chan. Just sing like you normally do. You're in 4th place for best singer and you hardly even try."

"That's not helping me."

"Trust me alright. It'll be fine. For now, why don't we just get to lunch to get to our table? Is that okay?"

"Y-yeah. "

"Great. Now let's ge-"

BRRRIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG!!

"Hurry! Let's go!" Levy screamed pushing me out the door with Romeo and Jellal in toe.

Maybe if I had looked closer I would've seen the look that was exchanged between Jellal and Erza.

Normal POV

After everyone had eaten and it was 30 mins until the end of lunch, the Principle, Master Makarov, walked onto the stage.

"Listen up brats! In fourth period a challenge had been decreed. Natsu Dragneel against Lucy Ashley! Code.....3!"

The lunch hall was filled with cheers as teachers began shutting the doors and setting up the stage.

"SHUT UP! Ms Vermillion has something to say."

"Alright everyone. Bets will be allowed and the winner, as always, gets to make the loser do one thing they want. The songs have already been chosen now all we need is the participants up here. Well start making bets now!"

Natsu and Lucy walked up to the stage and stood watching people place bets. Lucy was wearing a light gray hoodie, a white button up blouse underneath, ash gray sweat pants and her everyday black, thick rimmed glasses. He hair done up in a messy bun that left strands framing her face. Natsu wore a white sleeveless shirt and a white scaly scarf was tied around his neck. He wore red bottoms and a black belt, his hands in his pocket and a cocky smirk playing on his lips as he looked at Lucy - Lucy simply rolling her eyes in return.

There were two reasons why they were standing there. The first was to see what students predict will happen. The second was to chose the order of which the event proceeds.

"It seems all bets are against Natsu." Mavis examined.

"What! Why!" Asked a clearly annoyed Natsu.

"What do you expect. People choose Lucy because she's 3rd in the singing category." Mavis.

"She is?" Natsu

"You don't know anything..." Lucy sweatdropped.

~Time skip : after order of events and participations is chosen (Soz. Being lazy)~

"First up...duets! Lucy Ashley singing, See you again with, Sting Eucliffe! "

See You Again (Leo Lion) (feat. Charlie Puth) [From "Furious 7"]

Lyrics

Lucy: It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again

Sting: Dang, who knew?
All the planes we flew
Good things we've been through
That I'll be standing right here talking to you
'Bout another path
I know we loved to hit the road and laugh
But something told me that it wouldn't last
Had to switch up
Look at things different, see the bigger picture
Those were the days
Hard work forever pays
Now I see you in a better place (see you in a better place)

Both: Uh
How can we not talk about family when family's all that we got?
Everything I went through you were standing there by my side
And now you gon' be with me for the last ride

Lucy: It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again

Both: (Aah oh, aah oh
Wooooh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)
Yeah

Sting: First you both go out your way
And the vibe is feeling strong
And what's small turn to a friendship
A friendship turn to a bond
And that bond will never be broken
The love will never get lost
And when brotherhood come first
Then the line will never be crossed
Established it on our own
When that line had to be drawn
And that line is what we reach
So remember me when I'm gone

Both: How can we not talk about family when family's all that we got?
Everything I went through you were standing there by my side
And now you gon' be with me for the last ride

Lucy: So let the light guide your way, yeah
Hold every memory as you go
And every road you take, will always lead you home, home

It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again

Sting: Aah oh, aah oh
Wooooh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Yeah

Lucy: When I see you again
See you again
When I see you again

Sting: Aah oh, aah oh
Wooooh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Yeah
Lucy: When I see you again

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆▪☆☆☆☆☆

That was Lucy's duet with Sting. Next will be Natsu's duet and the stuff that goes on back stage before, after and during Lucy and Natsu's performances.

There are six parts to the singing contest. After will be the vanishing point where I'll get more into the band side of this story.

~Next time~

Code 3 : 2

I'm all fired up now!