He called me 'cute'

Erza POV

"I'm glad we can always confide in each other and that we don't keep secrets." He smiled ad we walked back to the SC room.

I turned around to share the smile with him. "Of course. I'd never keep anything from you." I turned my head back so that he wouldn't see the guilt written all over my face. If only he really knew who I was but even if I wanted to I couldn't tell him. This isn't my secret to share no matter how much it hurts to keep it from him.

"Here." He said as he opened the door for me to go first then locked it behind him.

"So what is it this time?" I asked as I took a seat at the head of the table that had the rest of my paperwork.

"It's about you this time actually. I think Akeno knows something is going on between us."

"Anyone else?" I asked with a frown.

"I think everyone knows."

"...so what do you plan on doing?"

"Tell them the truth then mayb-"

"No."

"What?"

"You heard me, Jellal. I said no."

"But if we tell them-"

"We'll have to tell them everything. Not just our pasts but our friends also and I promised Kagura and Milliana I wouldn't say a word and we don't break each others promises. So no."

"But this is only causing more problems for us." He was starting to raise his voice. "If you don't tell them I'm going to have to go on lying to all my friends." If only you knew that I do that everyday to not just a few, but millions of people.

"And if we tell them, the past will just come back to haunt us and I won't allow that to happen."

"Then what do you suggests we do?"

I put down my pen as I gestured him to take the seat beside me, turning it slightly to face him better.

"I don't know yet." I moved closer so that our knees were touching.

"But I can tell you one thing." I took his hands in my own, placing them in between our legs.

"We're going to make it through this." Our foreheads touched as I could feel his hot breath against my face.

"Together."

I moved away. Turning back to my paperwork.

Normal POV

"So maybe later you and I can-"

"No. Jellal...I'm not ready... I can't forgive you yet..."

"...I'll wait for you. As long as it takes..." Erza placed her palm on Jellal's right cheek as he leaned into her touch. He could feel her unsteady breaths against his face.

"You keep forgetting Akeno. Even if I was ready we wouldn't be together. You've got a girlfriend." She removed her hand as Jellal lowered his head.

"I understand... but the time will come...when you and I are finally one." He smirked at her as she held back a laugh.

"Not if you keep spurting those cheesy ass lines." Not ever. I won't make the same mistake twice.

"I promise you. You'll be mine."

"Keep dreaming." She smiled at him, using the moment he left as the right time to let a tear slide down her face.

Kagura POV