Chapter 2 "New Friends?"

(Sorry I took so long but don't worry this will be a good chapter)

When Ivy awoke, she found two cats her age crouching nearby. "Who are you?" she mewed. The ginger tom came forward, with the cream she-cat nervously padding after him. "I'm Fallen," the tom said peacefully, and pointed his tail at the she-cat. "and this is Windy, my friend. We've been traveling for a long time, and we happened to come across you."

Ivy got up onto her paws, and realized that she was in an abandoned Twoleg nest. "My name's Ivy of the Lost Mountain, but you can call me Ivy. Why are you in this Twoleg nest? Didn't you think it was dangerous?" she wondered aloud. "We scented cat-scent, so we came in to investigate." Fallen told her. Suddenly, rustling in the bracken told the cats to keep quiet.

'Quick! Hide!' Ivy whispered as quietly as she could, and the three cats jumped up onto a vine-covered wall, so it would mask their scents. A silver-gray tabby tom came bounding into the nest, his scent covered with the stench of other cats and water. His eyes were a clear blue, making Ivy realize he was blind. "I hope the herbs survived during leaf-bare." the tom mewed. He started picking herbs, and then vanished back into the forest.

Ivy, Fallen, and Windy jumped down from the wall. "I think he was a medicine cat from one of the Clans that live around here. We best be careful." Windy meowed. Ivy was shocked that Windy spoke. Night eventually showed itself while the cats were talking. "......And that's why I'm traveling." Ivy finished. The three cats found a cozy corner, and they all curled up in a ball to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Ivy awoke, she saw Windy and Fallen sharing a squirrel, while there was a dead mouse lying close. Windy gestured with her tail that Ivy could eat the mouse. Ivy padded close to the fresh-kill, and bit into it. After the three cats ate, Ivy told them she was going out for a walk. When she went out, she met a long-legged black tom with a brown underbelly. "Hi, I'm Ivy." she purred to the tom. "I'm Spiderleg." he mewed sweetly.

The two cats went back to the nest, and found Windy asleep, while Fallen was up in the top of the nest. Ivy and Spiderleg shared their stories, and they slept curled up next to each other.