Chapter 3 "And the Battle Begins"

Ivy woke up, and blinked away the fuzziness in her eyes. Spiderleg wasn't there, but a dark grey she-cat and a gray tabby tom were sitting with Fallen and Windy. The she-cat lashed out at Windy and she fell to the ground.

"NOOO!!" Ivy howled, and she hurled herself ontop of the she-cat. The two cats hissed and clawed and bit, until Ivy had the dark grey she-cat pinned. "Say good-night, you piece of crowfood." Ivy hissed at the she-cat, and when she looked around, Fallen had the tom pinned. "Please don't hurt us! My sister was just--" Fallen cut the tom off with a snarl. "You cats try to hurt my mate, and you will get more than heavy wounds. I will rip your tounge out!!"

"C'mon Winner, let's go!" hissed the she-cat. The tom, called Winner, mewed, "No Strike! We need these cats' help!" Windy got up, a large wound on her cheek. "Let's listen to them." Ivy and Fallen released the two cats, and Winner began to talk. "We need a home. Badgers drove us out of our old territory, and we want to find a new life."

"You may stay." Fallen nodded to the cats curtly, and Windy walked with them to the edge of the den. They began to talk. Ivy bounded over to Fallen. "Did you say Windy was your mate, Fallen?" the tabby she-cat asked. "Yes." Fallen replied dismissively.

Ivy walked out of the nest, and began to trot through the forest. "Spiderleg? Spiderleg!" she called into the trees, her voice echoing through the woods. A black shape slammed into her. "Spiderleg!" Ivy cheered. Spiderleg was still ontop of her when he started to speak.

"Ivy! I'm so glad to see you again. The reason I left last night is because I belong to a Clan." Spiderleg began to lick the she-cat's cheek, and Ivy purred loudly. "That's okay. As long as you keep visiting." Ivy mewed. "I promise." Spiderleg purred.

~~~2 moons later~~~

Windy had given birth to two kits, a white she-kit with ginger patches and a brown tom, with a dark brown face and back. The she-kit had green eyes and was called Everflame. The tom had amber eyes and was named Shepard.

"Good morning, Windy!" Ivy called. "Morning!" Windy cheered back. Ivy was getting very plump. She felt a strange sensation in her stomach. A cat named Electra, who was golden with white spots, had joined them.

Ivy saw Winner and Electra grooming. Spiderleg was bounding over to greet her. It was normal now. "Oh my dearest!" Spiderleg mewed, he wrapped around her, and began to groom her. "I love you." he purred. "I love you too." purred Ivy.