3

I got back to school two days later on Friday. I was feeling like myself again. Jace and Chloe were waiting for me at our lockers when I walked in the school. I hugged them.

"Hey guys. Listen, I got a text from Ms. Garcia saying that I have been chosen to train at the BAU office and possibly the field. I could test out by the end of our senior year."

"Cameron, that's great! What did you say?" Chloe asked.

"Nothing. Not yet anyway."

"Cameron. You have to do this. Ever since I've know you all you've talked about was the BAU." Jace said.

"When it comes time for eight hour you are standing proud and tall and your are accepting that roll and possibly testing out with a degree by the end of our senior year!" Chloe said. We laughed and split up to our first classes.

When it came time for eight hour we sat in our seats. I took out my phone and texted Garcia.

To: Ms. Garcia

I accept the offer. When can I start?

I smiled at me friends as we watched Garcia look at her phone and smile brightly. She looked at us and we smiled brightly back at her.

She went to show agent Hotchner and he smiled at us as well (I don't think he smiles offen). For the rest of the class the talked about other things and cases they worked on.

At the end of class I got text.

From: Ms. Garcia

Cameron, we are happy you have accepted our offer. We will have any agent pick you up tomorrow moring on their way to work. Be prepared me friend. :)
-Garcia

I smiled at my phone. This is my chance. I might not have been able to save my mother, or my brother, but with this job. I can save others.

The next day

I was awoken from my sleep by my phone ringing. I didn't bother checking the caller ID since the only people who call me are my friends.

"Who, by the name of God, wakes up a sleeping Goddess at," I checked me alarm clock. "4:00 in the moring." I heard laughter.

"Cameron this is agent Prentiss." I sat up in my bed.

"Agent! I am so sorry I didn't check my caller ID. I didn't realize-"

"Don't worry. I just called because I was told to pick you up on my way to work. I'm glad you accepted the offer." She said. I stood up and began to dress myself.

"Well, thanks to my friends I took the job. I'll see you soon agent."

"See you soon." I hung up and finished getting ready. I put on my favorite blue and white stripped tank top with my dark green jacket over it. I pulled on some leggings and put my journal and pen in my black satchel. I put a few other things in my satchel before heading outeside.

I waited outside my apartment complex. Then I realized, how did Prentiss get my number? How did she know where I lived? Garcia probably did a background check on me. A black SUV pulled up in front of me. The window rolled down revealing agent Prentiss inside.

"Hey Cameron. Hop on in." I opened the door and got in. The first thing my mind went to was looking for an aux cord.

"Does this car have an aux cord?" I asked. Music is one of my favorite things in life.

"I.... don't know. I've never really listened to music in the car." She said. I looked in the usual places for a cord plug and found one.

"Here. You don't mind do you?"