Tears and Laughter - Steddy

Since the two met, it seemed that Stella Weasley and Teddy Lupin could not stand each other. It confused the adults around them of how infants could not stand to be around each other, unable to figure out what had caused all the anger between them.

However, little did everyone know the feud only began due to a misunderstanding.

The moment that started it all, went back to the day when Teddy and Stella met as babies. With their mothers as best friends, everyone assumed that the twins and Teddy would get along marvelously.  Teddy was a happy baby, always cooing and drooling around his family members and their friends.

He loved meeting new people and with his charming baby personality mixed with his metamorphmagus abilities that he inherited from his mother, he was normally the center of attention. His favorite thing to do was making people laugh. People were always laughing around him and when they laughed, it made him very happy.

He was determined to have everyone around him laugh, but Stella Weasley would not give him the satisfaction.

Upon their first greeting, the children were placed around each other to spend sometime together. As the adults looked on, Teddy knew that he would be able to get the laughing started by allowing his hair to change color. It normally did so on it's own anyways without him trying.

Eliza was the first to laugh as a bright smile appeared on the child's face in amusement at the boy's little bit of hair changing color before her eyes. However, it had startled Stella as she hadn't been able to witness something like that before, despite being one herself.

Her bottom lip trembled after she was startled and suddenly, she began to cry loudly.

It further disturbed Teddy that not only was he not able to make the girl laugh, he had somehow managed to make her cry. 

Her crying made him become upset and suddenly, the two were just crying, while poor Eliza was left unsure of what to do.

They were removed from each other, Stella seeking comfort from her parents while Teddy was left completely confused in his mother's hold. 

Time went on as the two grew older and Teddy was determined to make the girl laugh but she still wouldn't no matter what he did. She laughed at the antics of all the other children around them, but she refused to laugh around him. Leaving him frustrated and slightly bitter, believing she was doing it on purpose.

He tried teasing her, which didn't make her laugh, but it certainly did get a response out of her.  So he kept up with it, hoping that one day, it would bring her to laugh. That didn't work so well in his favor as Stella retaliated ruthlessly with her own form of teasing.

It caused other people to laugh around them, whenever she had something to say, which only made matters worse.

Stella was confused by Teddy in their earlier years. He started off scaring her in the beginning as she didn't like the flashiness of his hair, but that was before she learned of her own abilities. When she came around to accepting him, he began to tease her, which didn't make her like him anymore, it just made her wonder why he insisted on teasing her out of everyone.

He was always singling her out.

She decided to give him a dose of his own medicine but he didn't take too kindly to that, leaving her angry with him for being a hypocrite. 

Time would pass and the feud would continue on for years, only because he wanted to make her laugh.