Jokes on You -Fred and George

The first of April and everyone knew what that meant, especially those that were well associated with Fred and George Weasley. It was April Fool's day, the one day that belonged to the pranksters and a day where they were free to pranked as they pleased, although Fred and George just called it Tuesday. It so happened that two of the greatest pranksters of all time happened to be born on the day, leaving everyone at their mercy. 

The night before had left the twins planning all sorts of chaos to unleash on their loved ones and the customers that entered Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. It was going to be the perfect day for them, they could just feel it. 

Fred was the first to wake up, bright and early with every means of getting his wife first. She would be the easiest target and also the hardest target. With her still asleep, she was vulnerable but if he wasted any time and she was able to get some knitwear on, his plans would be foiled. Reaching under the bed, Fred grabbed the air horn that he had hidden the night before, and then turned on his side to wake up Ellie in the best way he knew how.

However, as he turned on his side, Ellie's side of the bed was empty and was already made.

"What?" He muttered when he suddenly heard the crack of someone arriving in the flat.

"Freddie!" He heard George calling out to him. Fred pushed himself out of bed and opened the door to find his brother standing in the center of the living room with a puzzled expression.

"Have you seen Judith?" He asked. "I woke up and she was gone."

"No, I haven't considering I've only been awake for three minutes. But Ellie is gone too."

The two men looked over in the direction of Hope's bedroom and quickly made their way over. The little girl's room was empty as well. 

"Hopey's gone too," Fred said.

"Good call, I hadn't noticed," George looked over at him. "Well, Judith's missing too. Maybe they all gathered at the Burrow?"

"Right...they think they're so smart! Hiding from us!" Fred chuckled. "Let's head on there before the shop has to open."

The twins arrived fully expecting for everyone to be gathered at the Burrow, ready to wish them a Happy Birthday as they had done the year before. However, when they arrived, the Burrow was completely silent. A complete rarity that should have been marked down in history as the Burrow had never had a quiet moment from the moment Bill was born. Now the two were completely confused.

"Maybe they're at Sirius' and Nixie's place?"

No.

They checked all the places where the family could have gathered but no one was home.

"Maybe they're all out buying us gifts?" George suggested with a shrug. The theory was going to have to do for the time being as they had to get ready to open up shop.

***

Not one customer showed up throughout the entire day, even Verity didn't show up for her shift, nor did Lee stop by for a visit. 

"Alright, something is up? Where are they?" Fred pondered out loud. They were growing nervous, wondering if something bad happened.

"I don't know, I've never been so confused in all of my life," George muttered. Suddenly, they heard a noise from upstairs, the sounds of someone walking about. Immediately, the two ran up but the time that they arrived, the place was bare and it looked as though nothing had been disturbed.