Wrappers - Nefira

During the brisk days of November, Neville had a hard time concentrating on his studies indoors, especially since it was perfect outdoor whether for Kefira to be outside. The cold it became it seemed the more energy the young woman had, especially if she wore one of his jumpers to keep herself warm. He had offered to get her one of the special knitted jumpers in her size, but Kefira refused, enjoying the near head to toe ensemble. Sitting inside their home, he could often hear her talking or laughing to herself outside. Of course, he wanted to know what made her laugh so he could join in, but he tried to force himself to focus on his work.

After all, if he was going to accomplish his dream to teach one day, he was going to have to study up and study hard. Kefira seemed to understand that very well, but she was still quite the distraction without talking to.

However, that afternoon, it wasn't Kefira that proving to be the distraction, although she was part of it. Neville had something else on his mind and it was sitting in the top drawer of the desk, waiting to be addressed. 

Listening to Kefira muttering to herself out the window, he smiled to himself before opening up the drawer and pulling out the small box setting it before him. 

Surviving the war, Kefira was in good health and things were going well for the couple, that was the final push that Neville needed in order to make things official once and for all. He was planning on talking to Kefira's father and mother soon, and he was sure they would be more than supportive, along with Kefira's sisters. Especially since they were the ones who continued asking when he was going to finally pop that question.

Apparently, they were growing impatient.

But Neville wanted to do things at his own pace and on his own time, and Kefira seemed more than patient. 

Before he was set to talk to the Walsh's he wanted to make one more stop and he believed the time had finally come to do so.

Grabbing his coat from the back of the door, he headed outside and looked around, in search of Kefira. He should have known where she would be if he didn't see her on the ground right away, but he heard the little reminding whistle, bringing him to look up in the tree. One of the main reasons they had even bought the house was because Kefira was so taken by the tree in the backyard.

If Kefira was happy, that was really all it took for Neville to be happy and he was hoping to make her even happier, as he hoped she would agree to spend the rest of her life with him.

"I'm about to head over to Gran's for a bit, are you sure you don't want to come?" He called up to her.

It was all a lie. He wasn't going to go visit him grandmother, but he knew Kefira wouldn't be quick to jump in and join in.

"That's alright, I still have to see Rosemary this afternoon." She called to him. "I've been putting visiting the hormonal beast for quite a bit."

Neville snorted and waited patiently as she climbed down. As she stood before him after a minute, he quickly straightened her ruffled jumper, or rather his ruffled jumper.

"I won't be too long." He promised.

"Don't worry, I probably won't be here when you get back. Rosemary will probably hold me hostage and talk my face off." The woman grimaced before blowing a red curl from her face. 

"I'm sure she's just going to be happy to see you , Nellie and Lottie." He kissed her forehead before the two parted ways.

Arriving to St. Mungo's, Neville entered the ward where his parents were. His mother seemed more than happy as she joined his company. His father was directed over by one of the Healers, so that he could share his news with the two of them. He wasn't sure if they would understand anything he was about to tell them, but as Kefira once pointed out to him, they probably did, they just had a different way of communicating back with him. He had yet to figure out what their form was or how to translate it, but he liked to think they were aware of what was going on.

Sitting on one of the beds, he pulled out the box with the ring in and opened it up. His father made a noise, as he noted the shiny object, pointing at it before looking at the Healer beside him. 

However, his mother was quieter than usual, and she just stared at the box blankly.

"I...I'm going to ask Kefira to marry me." He announced to the two of them. He didn't expect a response. He just wanted to let his parents know that he was happy  and he wanted them included in the events of his life.

They seemed to like Kefira a great deal whenever she came with him to visit. They were both obsessed with her hair, and they were the only two that she allowed to mess with her curls the way they did.

Suddenly, his mother grabbed at the box, making Neville slightly nervous as to what she was going to do with it. The Healer seemed set on retrieving it, but Neville called him back. Alice had her back turned to them moving about as she did something.

Neville went to call back to her but she quickly turned back to him, nearly throwing the ring box back at him. Neville caught it swiftly before his mother decided that she was walking off in that moment. 

It seemed visiting time was over between Neville and his parents. He bid the two farewell before stepping out of the ward with a heavy sighed.

Opening the box to check to make sure that the ring was okay, Neville found one of the little sweet wrappers his mother always handed to him. It was wrapped around the ring carefully, letting Neville know in her own special way, that she was more than approving of the proposal. 

Neville decided that he would keep the wrapper there when presenting the ring to Kefira, because while it would confuse many people, he knew that she would understand the significance of the wrapper.