Along Came Henry - Nirius

Sirius sat in the home drumming his fingers against the table with a bored expression. Glancing over to his left, he peered into the living room to see Nixie sound asleep on the sofa. As much as he wanted to wake the woman for some company, he knew she was completely exhausted. The countdown was on to meet their first child and while he was fidgety with excited nerves, Nixie was taking every opportunity to rest. Her feet hurt and  she was incredibly grumpy since she could no longer see her feet. She was more than ready to get the child out of her, who had been taken up residence in her belly for the past nine months without paying rent.

With the summer upon them, Sirius didn't even have Hogwarts to distract him, he just found himself settled  in the kitchen trying to think of things to busy himself. 

"You're so sad sometimes." Meri's voice rang out. Sirius looked over to the stairs to see the legged mermaid descending into the living room. The mermaid had decided to come out of the water during Nixie's final trimester to help her daughter in any way that she could.

"Shh!" He motioned to her to keep quiet in fear of his wife waking up. Waking Nixie up from a nap before had proven to be frightening, but waking pregnant Nixie from a nap was a death sentence.

"Oh she's out, don't worry about her." Meri said lifting up Nixie's arm and dropping it. "See? Out."

"This is normal right? All this sleeping?" Sirius asked with a worried face as Meri came into the kitchen.

"You try carrying around another being for nine months and not be tired all the time. I remember when I was carrying her, whew....I've never wanted to kill so many people in my life. All I wanted to do was sleep...and eat...I actually wanted to eat and sleep at the same time."

Sirius chuckled. "Well, I can't get her to eat much, but coconut has been proven to be the favorite thing. "

"I always craved ham." Meri said. "So incredibly random, but I couldn't get enough ham. I probably went through an entire farm of pigs before Nixie was born. She still can't look at the stuff."

"Explains that one time she vomited in my lap while I was trying to enjoy my sandwich , thanks for mentioning that now." 

"You're welcome." She patted his head. 

Sirius went to say something else when suddenly the two jumped at Nixie letting out a cry in her sleep. Suddenly, she sat up on the sofa holding her stomach with a pained look.

"Nini? What's wrong?" He quickly jumped to his feet.

"Nothing, I'm just feeling a little bit of ....PAIN!" She growled clenching her teeth together.

With a panicked look, Sirius looked to Meri for assistance.

"Meri?"

"I'M GONNA BE A GRANDMOTHER!"

There were plenty of times that Sirius would admit that he feared his wife, while she was in labor was definitely in the top three slots. However, while her anger was radiating, it was short lived. It didn't take very long for them to welcome their child into the world.

In a matter of seconds of hearing the first cry of their son, Sirius was nearly in tears. He was the first to hold his son, who was wrapped up in blankets for warmth.

The newborn cried out several times until Sirius gently walked back and forth with softly spoken words to soothe the child.

"Hi there..." He whispered to the baby. "Look at you, you're just...wow..."

The lump in his throat developed quickly as he sat down beside Nixie who had a relieved but happy smile on her face.

"Look at him, Nini. He's beautiful. The little hands and...the hair...he has hair!"

Nixie snorted before leaning her head back on her pillow as Meri ran her hand, moving her hair out of her face.

"Well done, sweetheart, Sirius is right, he's very beautiful."

The new father was so wrapped up in his son that every little thing the boy did, made him laugh, smile or cry. The little hand wrapped around his father's finger with a tight grip.

"Look at that! He's so strong!" He cried out happily.

"Did you think of a name yet?" Meri asked looking down at Nixie.

"Oh yes," Nixie nodded. "We already decided."

"Ooooh what is it?" Meri clapped her hands together in excitement. 

"Henry." Nixie and Sirius said together.

Meri's eyes darted back and forth between the two adults as her eyes began to water.

"H-Henry?"

Sirius nodded before offering the grandmother to hold her grandson. By the time she had the infant in her arms, the woman was already in tears.

"Well...hello there Henry." She sniffed before looking back to her daughter and son-in-law. "Thank you."