Chapter 7 (Yasmin's P.O.V)

~Yasmin's P.O.V~

I woke up and got ready for school. I had woken up early today so I decided to walk with Aisha since it was only 8:20 am. I waited till my brother left and shut the back door. I met Aisha walking with her sister and on the way to school she told me about how her granddad had gotten worse; I told her I'll pray for him. We reached the school just as the bell rang and met up with Sasha.

Sasha and I said bye to Aisha and walked to form. When I got there Shane was sitting where he sat yesterday. "Morning." I smiled.

"Oh my gosh, are you ok? Am I seeing things? Is she actually in form on time." Jess smirked.

"Ha, ha very funny, I told you I'd come to form on time and is that how you say hello?" I joked back putting my bag away and sat next to Shane. Today felt like a good day and I was in a good mood.

"Hey Shane." I smiled at him, he just nodded.

"Don't mind her; she's always this bubbly in school. She's such a nerd." Sasha laughed.

"Take that back, I'm not that much of a nerd! Am I Shane?" I laughed at her and looked at Shane.

"No offence but you kind of are." He smirked.

"No, I'm not! I hate you all! And stop smirking at me Jess! The only reason I like coming to school is because of my friends. And because I don't get criticised and told I'm useless." I told them; whispering the last part. I tried to smile, but I couldn't, so I faked a smile. I hope no one noticed.

"Aww, you love us really." Sasha smiled using my line from yesterday. This time, I really smiled. While we chatted, Shane stayed quiet but talked when I asked him something. Before we knew it the bell rang for next lesson.

Me, Sasha and Shane walked to our first lesson; English. On the way there I saw Luke walk out his form. I looked at Shane; he looked at him then me. I understood the look he gave me so I shook my head answering his unasked question, that I haven't told anyone his secret; he smiled. When we got to class Jake was in and Hollie wasn't so I told him he can sit next to me. We put our things away and sat down.

Mrs started the lesson, everyone turned to page 132 while I turned to page 215. We started reading after a while I finished the book it only had 236 pages. I leaned over to Shane and whispered "What page are we on?"

"Page 179." He whispered back.

"Thanks." I turned to the page and pretended I was there the whole time. After class ended we got our bags and headed to gym class. Great, my favourite lesson! Note the sarcasm. Luckily it's only once a week and I'm in an all girl's class.

I showed Shane the boy's changing rooms and he walked in with a smirk. I went to get changed in one of the girl's bathroom cubicles. Being Muslim I have to get changed separately, same for Aisha. Thank god Emma isn't in this class. Once Aisha and I got changed we went to line up, we're in the same class. I saw Shane come out in tracksuit bottoms and a long armed top, smirking. I just shook my head at him and laughed. The girls played basketball inside and the boys were outside playing football.

After lesson Aisha and I went to the girls bathrooms, Aisha wanted to sort out her hijab while I sorted out my scarf. I don't wear it like her, I have my own style. When we walked out I saw Shane, he was talking to some of the lads. He saw us as we walked past and just tagged along. I turned to face him, he was blushing. he looked adorable. I looked around to make sure no one was looking. "So had fun in gym class?" I smirked.

He turned to smile at me "actually I did." I just laughed. We all decided to go outside to cool off. Shane was ok with it. We talked for a bit, but then Emma walked past bumping into me. Shane looked at me, I just smiled as if it didn't affect me, but it did. Why does she hate me so much? I've never done anything to her.