Chapter 16 (Shane's P.O.V)

~Shane's P.O.V~

I was sitting on the fields just outside the school with Jason, over the past few days we had gotten close, I kind of had a little crush on him but he doesn't know I'm gay. I don't think I'll ever tell him but on the other hand, there are my feelings for Yasmin, I don't know if I am truly gay anymore. Anyway back to the now we were sitting on the field just talking. Jason knew I had feelings for Yasmin, he found out yesterday when I was texting him. I made him promise not to tell.

I lay down on the grass looking up at the sky thinking about yesterday; I was texting Yasmin when she said she had to go to her Nan's but when she got back she sounded upset. I had waited till she was alone to phone her because I knew she didn't like everyone to know how she really felt; I mean she rarely tells anyone she's upset. Sometimes it's hard to believe because she's always happy in school.

Right anyway, the first thing I could tell when she said hey was that she had been crying. I was so surprised because I always thought of her being strong but she sounded troubled. So I asked her if she had been crying, at first, she had refused until she said yes. I asked her why and in a broken voice she told me what her mother said to her.

All I wanted to do was comfort her and hold her in my arms but I knew I couldn't do that. I had told her to ignore her mum and that she's someone special and I'm glad she's here in this world, I could tell that she smiled. She then said thank you and you could hear the smile in her voice, it made me smile.

She had to go to her friends after that, I kept texting her because she kept thinking the worst about herself. I texted her saying "Sorry for the late reply, don't listen to your mum you're special just the way you are and remember I care about you." I got so nervous after texting her that, that I kept hitting my head on my pillow until I heard the phone ring. I remembered thinking this is it, she's going to know I like her and it's going to make it awkward, I've already started might as well carry on. "Yasmin ignore your mum you're special just the-" that's when I heard Hannah's voice go...

"Awww," I went quiet, I wasn't expecting that. I could have sworn Yasmin phoned me when I checked it was her number I was confused until I heard Yasmin's nervous voice.

"Uh...hey Shane, Hannah and Aisha thought they would say hi." She said nervously.

"Oh...um hi, Hannah and Aisha." I said back a little embarrassed.

"Hi." Hannah said I could tell she was smiling why?

"Hannah give Yasmin back the phone-" I heard Aisha say but Hannah interrupted her, I just stayed quiet.

"Shane I think-" Hannah started but was interrupted. What? She thinks what?

"Hannah give me back my phone now." Yasmin said taking the phone from her. "Sorry about that, she thinks she's funny, anyway I better go it's girls night and well just girls ok bye." She said turning off the phone. I shouted wait but she had already turned it off. I wondered what that was about.

"Hello, earth to Shane are you there?" I heard Jason say as I opened my eyes.

"Sorry about that just thinking." I said sitting up.

"About Yasmin?" He smirked.

"How did you know?" I asked him.

"You were smiling." He said lying down. "Anyway, you do know she likes Luke?" He asked looking up at the sky, I crossed my legs.

"Yeah, wait how did you know that? I thought only her and her friends knew that?" I asked looking at him.

"Half the year knows, but no one really says anything. You're lucky you know she's a great person. I know she's loyal because I've seen her stick up for her friends a few times, even for me once when our SSM never believed me. I would have been suspended for a week if she hadn't stuck up for me." He said sitting up. "I think you should just tell her." I layed down.