Chapter 2: The Job interview

I was actually planning on staying at my aunt's house but she had recently moved away to Korea. Since my mom hasn't been in contact with her over the years due to the fact that they couldn't stand each other, she didnt know she moved. I knew if my mom found out this she would have never let me go back to Japan. So I lied and said that I was staying at her place.

I plan on searching for an apartment. In the meantime I'm gonna stay at a motel. Probably for three days maybe. I also have to search for a part time job. I saw a help wanted sign on a cafe called Chery's cafe. Maybe they will actually hire me. I've had a lot of jobs over the years like babysitting the neighbor's daughter back in America, working at In and out burger as a cashier and also working at the zoo.

Once I landed I took a cab and the driver took me to the motel. The place is bigger than I expected, it looks very fancy. Maybe thats why I can only afford three nights. They gave me the room key and I head up to my room.

My mom had called me. She wanted to make sure I landed safely. I told her I'm with my Aunt, also that she had changed her number so she can't call her. Don't want to risk her finding out about me staying at a motel.

I start my college life in only two days. So tommorrow I am determined to do what is necessary: get a job, try finding an apartment.

I started unpacking, I have a lot of stuff I brought with me. Like stuff I couldn't live without such as my precious stuffed panda that I've had since I was little. It so freaking cute, it has a little smile on its face and has a little lollipop on his hand. I also brought my pikachu onesie. Pokemon is my favorite anime. Don't judge me. Last but not least I had brought my Sailor moon figurine collection. I had been collecting them for a long time and I wasn't planning on leaving 5 years worth of collecting behind.

It was getting dark out so I headed off to bed. I woke up the next morning, I got dressed and I brushed my teeth. I went out to go apply for that job as a waitress at Chery's cafe. The manager was young, he looked like a thirty something year old.

-So your name is? The manager asked me.

- Umm.. My name is Kaneko Kira sir. I answered.

- Do you work well handing out food? He asked me.

- Umm... yes? I responded very confused.

- Good then you're hired. He told me.

-Seriously?!! I said with joy.

- But aren't you gonna ask me if I have had any work experience? I asked him.

- Nop, as long as you don't steal the money from the cash register we're good. He replied.

- Oh my god, thank you so much I won't let you down boss. I said.

- You start tomorrow at noon don't be late. He said with a scary tone.

- Umm... Ok boss. I said.

Once the interview was over I left the cafe and headed off to see some apartments that were for sale. The first one I saw was very clean and in a safe neighborhood which would have been great if I could only afford its monthly rent. The amount of money I'd get from the cafe wouldn't be enough to cover it.

I spended the whole day looking at apartments and I could only afford one but it was in a very sketchy neighborhood. Also the landlord was fucking crazy as heck.

- Legend has it this building was made by the ancient tigers who once romed Korea and smoked weed. Said the landlord.

- Umm sir were in Japan and tigers dont smoke or make buildings. I told him.

It was hopeless, I started walking back to the motel. I can't spend my money on another cab. As I was walking back, I guess I wasn't looking were I was going and I bumbed into a guy by accident. He dropped his papers. He didn't look to pleased at me.

- I'm so so sorry. I told him.

I got down and helped him pick up his papers. It looked like paper work. I glanced at him for a moment, he had short black hair and big eyes and...

-Idiot watch were your going. He said.

And apparently a very rude attitude.

- Hey geez I said I was sorry. I said.

- Whatever. He said that, picked up his papers and walked away.

I stood up and kept on walking. "Wow someone seems to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed" is what I though. But I decided to forget about it and focus on my priorities.