The Bad Boy Is My Enemy (13)

"You fell..." I whispered though I knew how stupid it sounded to fall onto someone's lips.

"Did I?" He asked, his eyes flickering from my eyes to my lips, my breathing hitched.

What?

Time suddenly felt like it was going slow as I tried to figure out what exactly to make of this.

"You're stoned Alex, let's go home." I whispered.

It was impossible for Alex to actually like me, we were frenemies at the most. We were definitely not compatible , especially when 90% of our conversations resulted in shouting.

"That I am." He grinned and seemed to have quickly forgotten our conversation. He strode ahead of me quick and I struggled the whole way home to keep up with his fast pace.

~~~

Grabbing my coffee and rushing out of the door, I spotted Alex, who was carelessly leant ob the wall at the bottom of his driveway like he had all the time in the world - not like we had to be at school in ten minutes!

"I told you that you didn't have to wait." I walked quickly past him.

He fell into pace beside me, his sleeves rolled part way up and his hands shoved into his pocket.

I took a sip of my freshly made coffee, ignoring the slight scald it gave my tongue.

"I don't care if I'm late." He shrugged.

Of course he didn't. Alex, who yes, may have great grades and be star captain of the lacrosse team, but also is responsible for the butt prank and is on the verge of being expelled, didn't care if he was late.

I cared. I was hardly ever late. It was a stressful thing I could not deal with, to be late.

Approximately seven minutes later I was hurrying through the double doors of school and into the empty corridors.

"Shoot" I murmured as I made my way to my locker.

I was late, and being late meant walking into class and having everyone turn to stare at you - yay.

Alex strode in just before the doors closed and followed me to my locker, which was only a few away from his, but he didn't seem to be heading for his at the moment.

"Stressing you're late, cupcake?" He asked me, leaning against the locker beside me.

"Yes" I told him, I was in no mood to think up a witty comeback. He made his way around me and shoved his bag into his locker while I arranged my books into the order they'd be needed throughout the day.

"What lesson are you supposed to be in?" I glanced at him through the corner of my eye only to see him watching me, shaking his head and grinning at my need to organise - I'd hate to look in Alex's locker, I'd bet it was worse than a trash can.

"Math" I muttered while I pulled out my math book. "Shoot I forgot about the homework!" Letting out a groan of frustration, I searched for my other necessities within my bag.

"Well there's only one solution then isn't there." I raised my head to look at him, wondering what solution he was thinking of and if it was my kind of useful or Alex kind of useful.