The Bad Boy Is My Enemy (15)

Aye so I'd like to dedicate this chapter to @macpack11 because you have literally been here since chapter one and always encourage and I'm so thankful for that, it doesn't go unnoticed!xoxo

~~~

I wake in my own bed, in my own room. It feels weird - being home. I crawl out of bed and throw on my jeans and band tee with a flannel before finishing getting ready and quietly heading out for school since mother was still in bed.

The walk to school was lonely without Alex's raspy morning voice chatting beside me about the latest school drama. It's so lonely to the point I feel like calling him, but I can't. Alex and I are barely on speaking times.

Why is that again?

Oh yeah.

1) He threatened Ethan
2) He didn't tell me he called
3)He  deleted the calls
4)He is now with a new girl every day - is he sleeping with them?

I shake my head clear of the thoughts and head for my locker. The moment I get there, Grayson, Jace and Kyle are leaning on the ones beside mine. I file my books neatly.

"We haven't heard from you in a few days Maxy" Kyle states. I sigh and arrange my books in the order I'll need them.

"I've been busy" I tell them.

"Is something wrong?" Jace asks. I shake my head no.

"Come out with us tonight then" Gray says

Jace adds "yeah Tara's panicking you won't be joining us anymore" he chuckles.

I think for a moment "where's Alex?" I ask them.

The boys share and awkward glance before turning to face the end of the hall where Alex and Jessica are sucking faces. I scrunch my nose up and turn away. "I think I'll pass"

I head down the hall to my Science class where coincidentally the others are too. I remember how they'd ruin my experiments, throw dissected frogs onto my table and do the typical boy things.

"Don't mind Alex! Come for us" Kyle pouts playfully and my heart melts. I've always known how gorgeous each of them were, but only now do I notice the faint freckles across his nose and cheeks and how deep his blue eyes were.

"I'm busy tonight anyway" Jace opens the door and I thank him for holding it open.

"That's a lie" Grayson rolls his eyes and we sit in our seats. To which I appear to be sat alone after the guy who sat next to me before was moved up a class.

Once everyone is in the class Miss Adams informs us we are gong to work on a project in pairs. My eyes flicker to the empty seat beside me. Maybe she will let me work alone.

"And I've already paired you all up" she beams to which the whole class groans.

"Mr. McCall and Miss Clare" Kyle hollers, high fiving Grayson and taking a seat next to Alyssa Clare. The very pretty, kind of popular girl was lovely.

"Mr. Samuels and Miss Greene" the cheerful girl claps a few times, excited to be working with the bad boy and he rolls his eyes, going to take a seat beside her.

"Mr. ledger and Mr. McCormack" she calls.

"Man why don't I get a girl!" Gray scowls and the guy sits next to him, looking equally as wound up.

"Mr. Parker and Miss Carrington" you have to be kidding me.

"I think there's been a mistake Miss!" Alex calls. Alex don't you dare embarrass me.