Making Things Official

Emily and Nick were on their way, Evan and Chris were going to welcome them in the hotel. Evan was getting ready to head out while I was lazing around in bed. I giggled when he grabbed my ankle and pulled me across the bed. Clutching the sheets I tried to hide my naked body from his view. His lips curled up to a smirk when he noticed what I was trying to do. He reached for the sheets, teasingly trying to pull them away.

"Evan!"

He chuckled, "What are you trying to hide? I've seen it all."

I playfully glared at him, "Doesn't matter. I'm not laying around naked, waiting for you to come back and continue things."

That sparked his interest, "You want to continue things when I get back?"

"Don't you?"

He held my gaze for a while, his teeth biting down on his lower lip. He was on the same page as me.

"Keep the bed warm for me, Zo." He whispered and leaned in, pressing a kiss to my lips, "See you later."

"Later," I called after him as he left the apartment.

Not wanting to lay around while Evan had taken a shower and dressed up to meet his friends, I also got up, reached down for Evan's shirt and slipped it on. I didn't do up the buttons, I was alone in my apartment anyway. Stepping into the bathroom I glanced in the mirror, running my fingers over the marks Evan left over my neck and chest, a smile spreading across my face. While Evan was away I took a shower and dressed into a comfy tee and joggers. Cleaning up the bedroom I placed Evan's clothes upon the bed and headed into the living room, making myself a tea. While waiting for Evan I was catching up on my dramas.

...

The next morning we had breakfast together with our friends. The guys eventually left to do their thing while I went to explore the city together with Emily. She was nearly six months pregnant so I knew not to wander off. It was a good thing we split up in groups because we all needed a break after the awkward comment Nick had made.

Nick was always someone who never bothered with other's people life. He never meddled nor did he comment on things. He minded his own business and didn't give a fuck about what other people thought of him. It was why people liked to flock around him, he was a cool guy. Things changed though. Not only did I notice it when Emily told me about her family. Nick is the one who persuaded her to fix things, but also when he made the dreaded comment during breakfast.

"Nick and Evan are like brothers," Emily told me.

"Sorry?"

She smiled at me, "You've known them for a long time, but they weren't always as close. Nick told me they became tighter since he started dating me. Now they're inseparable."

"The Nick I knew from way back never would have said anything."

"I know. You prefer that Nick?" She asked me curiously.

"No, it just took me off guard." I admitted to her, "Evan and I weren't prepared to talk about it yet. We know what we want, but we haven't made things official yet."

"So what are you waiting for?" She asked me confused, "If you both know what you want, isn't it the most logical thing to do? You know, to stop waiting time and explore things."

We continued our exploration of the city, but her words never left me. She was right, I was waiting for Evan to make the first move because I was the one who asked him to make love to me that night. I wanted him to make the next move, but why would I be embarrassed about what I wanted? Evan wouldn't judge me. He wanted the same thing. When we were alone again tonight I'd tell him that I wanted things to be official between us. I wanted to call him my boyfriend and I wanted him to call me his girlfriend. No more wasting time. I knew Laurel would call me crazy when she arrived Friday, but I'd deal with her. It mattered most what I wanted and I wanted to be with Evan.

...

"Zo?"

"Bedroom!" I called hearing Evan's voice travel through the hallway.

A few seconds later Evan appeared, closing the door behind him while he watched me. I was propped against the headboard with my laptop sitting on my lap. I closed the screen seeing the serious look in his eyes. He approached me, kicking his shoes off while tossing his jacket aside. He crawled in beside me in bed, looking like he had aged ten years.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, worry seeping through.

He gently brushed his knuckles over my cheek, "I don't want to waste any time."

That was odd. He was saying what I had been thinking when I talked to Emily. Guess people were right when they said that married people eventually became like one person. Emily and Nick weren't married yet, but they were sure as hell heading that way.

"Me neither." I confessed to him, "I want things to be official between us."

Evan held my gaze for a long while before he burst out in laughter, "Emily and Nick." He whispered.

I smiled, "Yeah."

"It doesn't matter." Reached for his tie, he undid it and tossed it aside as well. Unbuttoning the first three buttons of his white shirt, as he got as comfortable as possible, "We were heading that way anyway. Let's do this."

"Have sex?"

He laughed again, his laughter so boyish and cheerful. It made me grin widely in response. I loved seeing him like that, I loved the idea of me being the person who made him laugh like that.

"No, well I don't mind that either. But the relationship thing." He was laying on his side while he smiled at me, "Let's do the whole boyfriend and girlfriend thing."

Leaning closer to him, I brushed my lips against his, "I'd love that."

He grabbed my wrist, pulling me on top of him. I straddled his lap while I hovered over him, our eyes locking. The darkening of his eyes told me what he was thinking. Smirking I pressed my palms against his chest and sat up.

"How about some tea before bed?" I asked him.

He grabbed my hips tightly and shifted us, making me land on my back while he hovered over me, "Tea and a movie?" He asked.

"Yes!"

It was the first night we casually hung out as we did before. No sex, just us enjoying each other's company and it wasn't boring at all. I had a lot of fun, snuggling with my boyfriend on the couch while watching a Japanese horror film. It was so scary I made Evan promise me to even accompany to the bathroom if I was too scared. He'd have to guard the door. He didn't mind though, he promised me he'd do that. I was glad Emily and Nick suddenly decided to pay us a visit because if Nick hadn't made that embarrassing comment us we wouldn't be here. We would have gone around in circles, hoping the other one made the first move. We owed Emily and Nick.