Casual Confessions

Holding onto Evan's hand tightly, I let him lead me through the crowd. The club was crowded, people were having a great time. The music was blasting through the speakers and the lightening freaking awesome. I had no time to observe it though, I think Evan wasn't in the mood to dance the night away. We reached the management office and pretty quickly the security men let us in, separating us from the rest of the world. Once the door was closed there was no sound at all, I needed a minute to get used to that. Evan squeezed my hand making me snap my attention back to him.

"You okay?"

"Yeah."

He held my gaze, "Chris will be here in a second."

He let go of my hand and walked around the desk, heading straight for the mini fridge, "You want something to drink?" He asked me, grabbing himself a beer.

"No, I'm good."

He glanced over his shoulder, "You can have a drink, Zo. I'll make sure you won't miss your flight."

I playfully glared at him, "I'm not worried about missing our flight." I mumbled.

His look told me he didn't quite believe me, "Sure." He muttered and then closed the fridge, taking a seat behind Chris' desk, "I can't wait to go back home."

I couldn't agree more, "Excited to see Nick and Emily again?"

He grinned at me, "Damn right." He took a sip from his beer, "But there are also a few things we need to take care of. Like going to see your parents and me introducing you to Priscilla."

"She coming back home too then?" I asked curiously, wondering what his sister was like.

He showed me a picture of her, but pictures weren't everything. Some people looked completely different in real life. It also said nothing about her personality. Was she the same as Evan? Did she love life the same way he did? Or was she some spoiled brat who partied away, living off his money. Because right now everything I knew about her made me think of her of a spoiled brat. I didn't voice that out to Evan because he insisted that she deserved it. I didn't know what happened in his past and I didn't want to push him either. But it must be bad if he let his sister behave so irresponsible.

"She'll stop by if I tell her I want her to meet my girlfriend." He told me, "Maybe she'll stay a bit longer than usual too."

I narrowed my eyes on him, catching the sadness in his tone, "You want her to stay."

"Yeah, but I can't exactly ask her to stay if she wants to travel. She should do what makes her happy."

I knew he probably didn't like hearing it, but I had to say it. I'm sure there weren't many people around him who dared to voice their opinion. Nick and Emily weren't here to be his voice of reason. So I had to step in.

"What about your happiness, Evan?" I stepped closer to the desk and took a seat on the one-seat in front of it, "You've done everything you can to make her happy, don't you think you have the right to request something back?"

"I don't want to force her to do anything she doesn't want."

"Have you at least talked to her about your feelings?"

His look told me he never told her how he felt. If Priscilla didn't know her brother wanted her close she couldn't change her ways. I couldn't ask her for her number and take the lead yet. But if Evan wasn't going, to be honest with his sister I'd do it for him. He would dislike it, but I think she'd understand.

"Sorry to make you wait." We both snapped our attention to Chris who walked through the door, quickly closing the door behind him, "I needed to deal with some VIP visitors."