Falling For The Wrong People: 3

Hey guys! A new chapter for you and it is very long:) Thanks for all the support so far!

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

Nadia :)

====================================================================

Ameera Chowdhury

When I awoke the next morning, the first thought that came into my head was that I wished I could stay and hide in my bed to avoid facing the grim reality. I pondered in my head for a few minutes, hoping that I could hide for a few moments more as I knew time was restricted. As much as you want to avoid what’s going on around you, you still had to face the world to prove to yourself that you were still strong person.

I shook my head. ‘Come on Ameera’ I thought to myself. ‘Get up!’

This was so unlike me. Normally every morning, I would welcome the day with a huge smile on my face. However, this wasn’t the case today and that was when I realised that I was just being stupid and needed to grow up.

After assuring myself a few more times that everything would be fine, I finally got out of bed and made my way to my bathroom. I gasped at the sight of my face in the mirror. There was not even a tiny hint of a smile plastered on my face like usual; instead I was met with a grim look mixed with exhaustion from the previous night.

Sighing loudly, I brushed my teeth and washed my face, trying to hide the tell tale marks of a restless night from my face. Looking around the bathroom, I finally found my favourite moisturiser and slathered it on generously, knowing it would help my face rejuvenate itself.

When I was content with the way I looked, I walked downstairs knowing that this was it. I just had to be strong and take it.

The first person who I locked eyes with was Wasim; he looked so carefree playing with his toys. The joys of being a child!

He smiled at me from across the room and exclaimed, “Good morning! How was your sleep?”

I sent him a smile back and replied nonchalantly, “Yeah, it was fine,”

There was no point telling him my problems; the only thing he should be worried about is whether he would be playing foot ball today or not. These problems were too complex for his ten years of age.

“That’s good. Tell mother I’m playing outside then,” he waved goodbye and started to make his way out towards the front door.

I stopped him though before he could get through, “You’re really going to go out this early in the morning? What are you planning on doing today?” I looked at him sceptically as I asked the last question.

He thought for a semi-second before replying, “Don’t tell mother but the older boys are going to teach me how to play that game with the conkers.”

I scrunched my eyes in confusion, “What game?”

He shifted from one to another before replying, “You know, that game where you have to do chuck them in the air and try and catch them all,”

My eyes widened at the recognition of the game. I shook my head several times, “You are not going to play that game; It’s too dangerous!”

“Urghh, stop acting like mother!” he complained and then effectively pulling a childish pout on his face.

“How could you say that? You know that if you get hurt, the guilt will eat away at me!” I shouted, losing my patience. Why could he not understand how dangerous it was? There was a reason why the older boys played it and no the younger boys!