Prologue

I have to get out of here.

This was the first thought that popped into my head as the heated altercation between Prince and I was becoming too much to bare.

"You know what..." I muttered under my breath hastily before letting my feet lead me away from him.

"Nia, you better come back right now or I swear..." Prince's words were twisted in vexation as his heeled feet clicked furiously behind me on the tile floor.

Spinning around with a swiftness to face him one final time, my dark eyes pierce his infuriated glare just as menacingly.

"You swear what, huh? Your bitch ass ain't gonna do shit anyway!" I seethed in an unwanted loud tone, his hazy orbs becoming ablaze at my words.

"Lower your gotdamn voice! Are you trying to make Christopher hear us?!" His voice was unusually deep as he took one slow step forward.

"Oh really? You weren't saying none of that shit when you were fucking around while our kids was here!" My voice raises beyond comprehension as each word leaves my lips with fury.

Prince's face twists into one of pure disgust at my accusation as he throws his hands up in an exasperated manner. "I did not sleep with anybody but you Nia! If you would listen to me instead of assuming shit, you would know that!"

"I don't need to fucking listen, when I saw the shit myself! You are just another lowdown, cheating ass bastard!" I felt my anger quickly melt into pained emotion as my hand subconsciously released my frustration towards him by slapping forcefully, and he stumbled back in reaction.

For a moment there was just complete silence as Prince held his red cheek in shock, bringing his gaze from the floor over to me. His eyes instantly became darker than ever before, jaw tightening as a terrifying feeling became present upon my stomach.

Out of nowhere, Prince roughly grabbed both of my wrists as a huge lump formed in the pit of my throat, my eyes becoming hazy with soon to be tears.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" His eyes blew up into a plain of fire as his voice bellowed, slamming me up against the wall.

"You're what's wrong with me!" I spat venomously, ripping myself from his tight grip.

There was so many feelings that were flowing through me at a rapid pace, and emotional rage overtook any source of common sense.

How could he do this to me?

"I'm not what's wrong with you, you're what's wrong with you!" His angered voice shouted out of nowhere as he stomped his boot harshly in outrage.

Instantly flabbergasted by his sudden outburst, I stood there at a loss for words; my chest heaving up and down. An unsettling silence fell between us as we stared at one another, thick tension stacking up like building blocks.

Tears slowly began to blur my vision as my underground feelings took over me entirely. Meanwhile, Prince's hazel orbs faded into a faint red; his teeth sunk into his bottom lip hastily to keep himself from breaking down.

"Damn it Nia...you-" He ran a hand through his dark tresses, his voice wavering slightly. "You know that I love you....w-why would I want to hurt you like this?"

Scoffing blatantly, my eyes roll in an upset fashion as I tried my best to mask the impending hurt my voice held. "Oh please. Like Tina said to Ike, what's love got to do with it?"

I could clearly tell that Prince took umbrage by my sudden comment, for he glared at me with a sense of hopelessness. Taking his sudden silence as a bad statement, I begin to turn around and walk away; but not before he pulls me back abruptly. As he spins me around to face him again, a somber hole sinks to the bottom of my stomach once settling my sights upon his heart-wrenching stare.