Goner

I'm a goner, somebody catch my breath,
I want to be known by you,
Though I'm weak and beaten down,
I'll slip away into this sound,
The ghost of you is close to me,
I'm inside-out, you're underneath.

You didn't have the best childhood, and on top of that, depression ran in your family. At least half your family has it, you were bound to develop it as well.

The friends and family you made when you joined Shield did help, but you still had your bad days.

When you'd get so quiet, and just sit there, not really all there. The days you isolated yourself from everyone else. The days when you just sit absent-mindedly and cry.

I've got two faces, blurry's the one I'm not,
I need your help to take him out,
Though I'm weak and beaten down,
I'll slip away into this sound,
The ghost of you is close to me,
I'm inside-out, you're underneath.

Today is one of those bad days, everyone knows since you're usually somewhat loud. You're sitting on the sofa in one of the sitting rooms staring at the blank TV.

Yeah, you could turn it on to make it seem more normal when someone walks by, but that's too much work. The silence isn't all bad right now.

You don't even realize you're crying until Tony wipes a few away. Speaking of, when did he get here?

"It's alright baby, I'm here."

He soothes you as you gladly lean against his chest. Tony has been the one to always get you... That's not saying the others don't get you, but Tony completely understands you. So much so, that it can be kinda scary.

Though I'm weak and beaten down,
I'll slip away into this sound,
The ghost of you is close to me,
I'm inside-out, you're underneath.
Don't let me be gone.

"You know, I'm always here for you. No matter what, I'll always be here. Never let you go."

Tony is always good at calming you down. He understands how hard depression can be...

"I need you to calm down, love, just breathe for me."

He counts deep breaths as you match his breathing. You both just sit there in silence for awhile. It's nice. Tony doesn't try to get you to talk. He understands that if you wanted to talk about it, you would.

But you're not much of a 'let's talk about feelings' person. In fact, you rather hated talking about your feelings seriously. You got lucky that Tony actually understands that and is kinda the same way.

I'm a goner, somebody catch my breath,
I want to be known by you,

"I'm never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you~"

He sings softly to you. It makes you laugh, it's good to laugh. Tony always makes you laugh and just feel better in general.

~~~~
Fun fact, for those who may not know: Tony canonly has depression. So does Bruce, and Wade.