I Never Stopped

Chapter 5
Finns pov:
I'm supposed to go over Rachel and Kurt's apartment tonight for dinner but I honestly don't know how I'm going to get through this. It's been 5 years since I've seen her and after this morning I know she hates me . I sighed as I held her favorite flowers in my hand and knocked on the door . The door opened and it was Kurt, 

"Hey Finn, come on in." He said and let me in . 

"Rachel , Finn's here!" Kurt yelled . 

Rachel walked out of the kitchen with  her apron on and powder on the tip of her nose.

"Hi Finn." She said smiling somewhat.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." She said again.

"Rachel wanna help me with this.... oh hey Finn right?" Brody asked me.

"Yeah." I said.

"Well Rachel and I were just finishing cooking so it should be done any minute now." He told me.

"Cool." I said feeling very awkward.

"Well I'm going to clean myself up , Finn make yourself at home." Rachel said and walked into her room.

(10 minutes later)
We were all at the dinner table eating in silence when Brody finally said,

"So Finn, Rachel told me you're in the Army." Brody said.

"Used to be , I was actually just discharged." I said.

"Discharged?" Rachel said concerned.

"I was shot during my time in Iraq I was honorably discharged after that." I told them.

"Well I'm glad you're safe ." Kurt said.

"I'm going to go outside to get some air , I'll be right back." Rachel said and left.

"I better go after her." Kurt said.

"No I should handle this." I said and went outside.

Rachels pov:
I was outside and I took a breath,

"You okay?" Finn asked me.

"Yeah I just needed a minute." I told him.

"Right, look Rachel if me being here is too much I can leave." He told me.

"No , you don't have to leave I just,  I'm suprised you're here. The last time I saw you was when you told me you were leaving for the Army." I said.

"Why didn't you write me?" He asked me.

"Why didn't you write me?" I asked him.

"I tried, but everytime I tried to pick up a pen I couldn't think of anything to say. I never stopped thinking about you though." He said.

"God I can't do this!" I said.

"Can't do what?" He asked me.

"This, here with you! Seeing you again changes everything." I said.

I was about to go back when Finn grabbed my hand and pulled me close.

"I never stopped thinking about you, or the baby. " He told me.

"We should get back upstairs." I said and went back.