Chapter 5

Riley

"That was disgusting" Clyde said with a cringe as he threw his napkin onto the table. He told me that I was allowed to pick the type of pizza. I chose the Cowboy Pizza. I honestly have no idea what was in it. I think there was barbecue sauce. There was definitely some pepperoni and olives; and possibly some type of herb. It wasn't that bad. Clyde is just being dramatic.

It couldn't have been that bad if he ate six out of the eight slices. "Not as disgusting as your face" I teased. Yes, I'm childish. But Clyde and I were going back and forth like this throughout our meal. It was nice. We teased each other, knowing that it was just fun and games. It felt relaxing- not stressful or weird. Don't get the wrong idea. Clyde and I will never be a thing. That is not my mission. No random love flings. Clyde has a mate out there somewhere; and I have a mission to complete. I don't even see him in that way. He's more like a good friend- however, not enough to be a best friend.

The corner of his mouth lifted up. "You haven't even tasted my face yet" he pointed out, puckering his lips. I grabbed a piece of crust off the tray and pressed it to his lips. Clyde immediately retracted as I burst into laughter. He grumbled while wiping his face off. "I had fun on this date. But there won't be a second one" Clyde started dramatically. "We just want different things. I want pepperoni pizza, you want to try to poison me"

I began to laugh, cutting off his 'break-up speech'. Our conversation took a long pause because some woman was shouting at a nearby table. She was tall and was wearing all white. Not the ideal outfit for eating pizza. "Ma'am, this is a pizza parlor. We do not serve long tea" the waiter said slowly, he also sounded confused.

The woman groaned in his face. "Oolong tea! It's oolong tea! I can't drink anything else!" she screeched at him. "I'm on a strict diet and it is the only thing I drink!" she informed him in a hash tone. First of all, what pizza parlor serves hot tea? She should've known that they wouldn't have that tea here. It's a pizza parlor. Secondly, a strict diet? Once again: pizza parlor!

"Maybe you should stop coming to pizza parlors if you're on a strict diet" the waiter pointed out.

She gasped. "Are you calling me fat?" she questioned while narrowing her eyes at him. "Where is the manager?! Better yet: get me the owner of this stupid place!" she demanded.

This woman is just too much. There was a little kid walking in her direction, holding a cup almost filled to the rim with a dark soda. Smiling a bit, I slightly messed up the kid's footing with my magic. I silently apologized to the child. The waiter easily caught the kid before he fell, but his drink flew all over the woman. She screamed her bratty little head off. "This is silk!" she spluttered.

"Now, it's trash" I deadpanned. She spun around and stared at me. Her mouth opened and closed as she couldn't think of something to say. "Get out of here, lady. You're ruining these people's meal" With another groan, she stomped out of the building. The waiter thanked me as a few smiles were given around the restaurant. Clyde was staring at me, amusement clear on his face. "That lady deserved to be knocked down a few notches" I defended

Clyde raised his eyebrows and held up his hands in surrender. "I wasn't judging" he assured me. I didn't care either way. "Come on. Let's get to the house before you set someone on fire" he teased while standing up. I took out my wallet and placed a few bills on the table for the meal and tip. "Hey, I got it" Clyde said, attempting to hand me back the money.

I glared at him. "You will be the one set on fire if you don't put that money down" I threatened. Slowly and hesitantly, Clyde placed the cash back onto the table. "Time to go, cowboy" We walked out of the building with a few people staring at us here and there.