Chapter 7

Riley

I walked into the kitchen while yawning. I was wearing Emilio's shirt as well as his basketball shorts. "Mornin'" I greeted him as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

He grinned at my tired state, but didn't comment about it. "I don't cook. So, Frosted Flakes or Cinnamon Toast Crunch?" he questioned. My face scrunched up as I pointed at the Cinnamon Toast Crunch. "You don't like Frosted Flakes?" he wondered, grabbing a bowl from the cabinet.

Honestly, I haven't ate Frosted Flakes in over a decade. But when I did have it, I absolutely hated it. I'm pretty sure it's one of the worst cereals out there along with Raisin Bran, Honey Smacks, and Rice Krispies. All four of them don't have taste or they have weird textures. Except for Raisin Bran, that's just disgusting.

"Eating Frosted Flakes is almost as torturing as taking away a baby's blanket" I pointed out. I sat at the table as Emilio placed the cereal and milk in front of me as well as a bowl and spoon. "Thanks" I poured myself a bowl and we ate in silence.

My mind flashed back to last night. Looking up, I noticed that Emilio's nose was fully healed. It would've taken me weeks to heal if I broke my nose. It took him a night's sleep. "Stop staring at it. That's creepy" Emilio stated, grabbing both our dishes and putting them in the sink. "Go get dressed and we can walk back to the packhouse" he began to leave the kitchen, but I couldn't stand the stupid bowls in the sink.

As he walked out, I went to the sink and washed the dishes. "Clean freak" Emilio muttered as he heard the dishes clattering together. I rolled my eyes and quickly finished cleaning before I went to the guest room. Keeping Emilio's shirt on, I changed out of the basketball shorts and into my jeans from last night.

I slipped my feet into my boots and waited for Emilio. "You want a different shirt?" he offered, coming into the living room. I shook my head. There would be no reason to dirty another shirt. I will just change out of the grey one when I got to the packhouse. We walked out the house; and of course, he didn't lock the door. Werewolves. I will never understand their logic sometimes. "How's sharing a bathroom with Clyde? Did he put plastic wrap on the toilet yet?"

My face scrunched up at the thought of that stupid prank. "He's not that bad. He's clean for a guy" I stated. "No offense" I added, glancing up at him. Emilio chuckled and shrugged, dismissing my comment. I paused and stopped walking before I sneezed.

"Bles-" Achoo! "Bl-" Achoo! "What the h-" Achoo! I took a deep breath and sniffled before I was sure that I was done with my sneeze attack. "You finished?" Emilio wondered without me cutting him off this time. I smiled sheepishly and nodded my head in confirmation. "What is wrong with you? You have a cold?" he pressed his hand to my forehead and furrowed his eyebrows together as he focused. "You're not warm" he pointed out.

I swatted his hand away and continued to walk. "I have allergies" I informed him as we slowly strolled through the forest. Emilio was staring at me while we walked. "I'm sorry that I'm not a werewolf that never gets sick" I blurted, rolling my eyes.

He held his hands up in surrender as he averted his eyes from me. "Do you always sneeze like that?" he wondered. I explained the situation with my allergy medicine. He actually seemed a bit intrigued by it. "So you don't sneeze when you take this medicine?" he inquired. I nodded my head in confirmation. "It's human medicine, right? Not some magical conjured up stuff?" He waved his hands around, mimicking some horrible magic gestures.

"It's human. I get it from human doctors" I elaborated. "Afterall, I am human- just one possessing powers" I stated. "Enough about my stupid allergies. Do you have plans today- aside from walking me home?" I asked with a small laugh.