Prologue

On the inside Kate felt like she was slowly breaking, like someone was physically choking her. After Isabel told her that she had a boyfriend, Her heart stopped. She thought they had something more than just meaningless sex. She didn't want Isabel to see how badly this affected her so she put on her best smile and hoped all those years of acting would kick in.

   She looked at her with a forced smile and said "I'm happy that I at least got to be your something than have been nothing at all, but I'm really happy for you Issy." This time she looked into her eyes rather than her mouth. Her eyes read something different. She couldn't define it, sadness, regret, envy.. Sympathy?

"You're fine with it?"

"Yea," Kate said, "why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know, Ben kept mentioning something about the way you always stare at me. He thinks you have a crush on me, but I made sure he knew that whatever we had was nothing but physical and was all in the past now. Plus we all know that your not the type to settle." Isabel said, stumbling over her words from how fast she was attempting to speak.

   Kate looked away from her and bit her lip, trying to keep herself together, yet shouting in her head 'I do like you.' But answering her only with..

"Yea that's crazy that he thought that!" She lied, making herself sound as surprised as she could manage .

"I could never fall for you anyways," Isabel said. Then hearing how bad that sounded she quickly rephrased her last words, "I mean your not my type and b-besides I'm straight." She breathed.

'That's not what you said when you were in my bed.' Kate thought. She couldn't stand being with her anymore.

   "I have to go" she barely whispered, her strong front breaking as everything Isabel just told her was beginning to really sink in.

"Are you sure?" Isabel asked, "We haven't even ordered," she said looking around the coffee shop she had invited Kate to that morning so they could "catch up."

"Yea" she sighed, "my mom ordered from some new restaurant last night and it's just not sitting too good with me right now." She lied again, noting that she'd lied several times to Isabel that morning.

Isabel just nodded.

Kate couldn't take it anymore. She grabbed her bag, smiled at Isabel then headed to the door before she turned around to Isabel calling her, tears already fighting to escape her vivid green eyes.

"I hope you feel better." she called out.

Kate looked at her then muttered a "yea" before rushing out of the shop, tears already streaming down her face.

She should have known that getting involved with another actress probably wasn't her best move, she was a great actress, a rising star, but what she forgot about was how Isabel was also an actress and she did a hell of a job of making Kate think they had something more.

-Authors note- This is just an experiment I guess. I know it's a short chapter but I'm seeing how it goes before I continue then I'd at least make the chapters twice the length. Comment and tell me what you think. Thanks for reading ;)