Chapter One: All Alone

Her breaths were ragged as she ran, chest heaving with exertion. She had to get away from all of it. Her former master had officially gone over the deep end, and Ghirahim...

More tears splashed down her checks. Her life was literally falling apart. She broke the contract between her and Hylia, her mother. She refused to serve as a sword spirit any longer. She discontinued her service prematurely.

She only had two years to live now.

And, oh, how she forgot how much her human form hurt. It wasn't the physical pain of branches whipping her legs and arms though, it was the deep ache in her chest. She had forgotten how much it could hurt to be able to have emotions.

Her legs were burning and through her tear streaked vision, she didn't see the root sticking up from the ground. One moment she was running for dear life, and the next, she was sprawled out in the grass. She didn't have the motivation to get up again. Instead, she just lay there, her sobs breaking the steady stream of birds singing and crickets chirping.

"Fi?" The voice was laced with concern, but she knew better than to trust this snake.

"I swear to Hylia, if you take one more step towards me, I will stab your eyes out," she hissed. The sound of footsteps hesitantly stopped, and an awkward silence hung in the air. Fi sat up, back turned towards the intruder. "Please just go away."

Instead of retreating footsteps, she heard a small sigh come from behind her. Then, a rustle of fabric and the crunching of leaves as the bastard sat beside her.

"Please, tell me what's wrong. Why are you in your human form?" The bluenette dared to look at the other, and she really wished she hadn't. Over the years, nothing had really changed about her. The same long, silver hair, perverted servants outfit, and the same air of grace. And, Fi decided she was just as good as lying as she used to be.

"It's none of your business," the former spirit snapped. She sniffled, and then wiped away the tears stain running down her face.

"Come on, Fi," she sighed, putting a hand on the other's knee.

Immediately, Fi freaked out. "Get off of me!" She shrieked, pushing the other away. The other female, fell over, glaring at Fi.

"What the literal fuck?" She demanded.

Fi bolted up to her feet and paced around. She sent a sorrowful glance in the other's direction. "I'm sorry. I have to go," she lied, running away.

---

It was the first time they met, a mere training period. And, the young girl had no idea how to fight or use a weapon. Fi had no idea why her father decided to pick this girl as Ghirahim's understudy.

"See you hold the bow like this," she instructed, moving the other's hand with her own. A faint blush appeared on the student's cheeks, but Fi didn't know why at the time.

"I think I got it now," the girl stated determined. After a few more moments of concentration, she sent the arrow flying, and it hit the white ring on the target.

Fi had to stifle her laughter as a pout formed on the girl's lips. "Don't worry, you'll get it next time for sure," the older soothed. "But for now, let's take a break."

The silver haired demon sighed before lowering the bow and tagging behind Fi. "I suck," she simply mumbled. "Why cant I just use my magic to fight?"

"Wysteria," Fi warned, her voice now getting an edge to it. "What happens when one day you over exert your magic, and you're only left with a bow or dagger? What will you do then?"

"A good demon doesn't let their magic run low," Wysteria defended, causing Fi to let out a low groan of annoyance. She must have heard that from Ghirahim.

"You spend too much time with my brother," Fi reprimanded. "It's not good."

"At least he treats me like an actual person and not some trainee like you do," Wysteria sneered.

Fi whipped around and gripped the girl's shoulders tightly. "You aren't a person. You're a tool, a weapon. We don't care about you. No one does. The quicker you learn that, the farther your training will come. Get over yourself."

"I hate you," Wysteria spat out, voice quavering.

"Good, you're already learning."

---

A hand grabbed her wrist and jerked her back with a surprising force. Fi let out an undignified yelp as pain surged in her shoulder and upper arm.

"Let go of me!" Her blue lips snarled.

"Calm down. You act like I'm here to hurt you," Wysteria accused before reluctantly letting go of the other. Fi took the opportunity to rub her sore wrist and shoulder.

"But aren't you?" She challenged back, causing the other to roll her eyes. "I don't understand why you're so dead set on talking to me."

"Where's Link?"

Fi immediately looked away at the name, lips curling in disgust. Her hands clenched into fists just thinking about the boy.

"I don't know, and I don't care. So sorry if you were looking to get information out of me about how to kill him, so you could get to Zelda first," the bluenette sarcastically snipped.

"Fi, you're making no sense," Wysteria tried to reason. Angry sapphire eyes glared back at her but soon broke back into tears.

"I couldn't stop him," she sobbed. "He's going to kill her."

Immediately, Wysteria rushed to Fi's side, pulling her into a hug. She felt the other meekly hug her back and sniffle into the crook of her neck.

"Who Fi? Who are you talking about?"

There was a long, heavy moment of pause before the reply came.

"Link."

A/N: Here it is I guess. Fi and Wysteria have a loooooongggggg backstory so bear with me please.

Until Next Time,
Keep Calm and Read On!