Chapter Three: Let's Not Resurrect Demise

The rope bit into her wrists angrily. The skin there had been rubbed raw, and a few times she had actually started to bleed. "Where are we going?"

Link glanced over his shoulder at her, eyes narrowing. In one hand, he held the rope that bound her hands like a leash. He set the other on his hip. "Did I say you could talk?" His voice was devoid of any human emotion, and Zelda sniffled. She weakly shook her head no.

"This really isn't good," Ghirahim stated, walking alongside the crying girl. Zelda glanced over at his translucent form, still not really believing this was the demon's spirit. "As much as I hate you for killing me, Link can't do this to you. He can't resurrect Demise; the boy has really gone mental."

He's going to resurrect Demise?! Zelda internally screamed. Her eyes widened as she looked at the back of Link's head as he continued to drag her along. Did he really hate her that much now?

"Yep, he does and with good reason too. I mean you killed me, the love of his life," Ghirahim bitterly laughed and walked past her towards Link. He placed a hand on the blond's shoulder and looked at him with pained eyes. Zelda redirected her gaze, feeling like she was intruding on a private moment.

"I love you, Link," the demon said, kissing the hero on the cheek. Of course, Link couldn't see or hear him.

---

The moment he had felt the arrow pierce him, he knew he was done for. The last thing his eyes caught sight of was Zelda. Her sapphire eyes were wide, and her hands were shaking, barely able to still hold her bow. She looked at the demon lord as if she hadn't meant to kill him. In that split second they exchanged glances, Ghirahim knew there was good somewhere in that girl. However, he couldn't dwell on that fact too long as darkness enveloped him.

"Welcome home," was the soft voice that greeted him. He blinked his eyes open and found himself staring at Hylia.

"I need to go back," he croaked out. Hylia looked at him confused and a little angered. "Link." The statement was simple enough.

"Honey, you're dead. You can't 'go back,'" Hylia reasoned in her sickly sweet voice. Ghirahim glared at her.

"Breathe me back to life! You're Hylia for fuck's sake!" His mom slapped him across the face, and he stopped yelling.

"You may be my son, but you don't get any special exceptions," she coldly stated. "You're dead."

"You wanted this to happen, didn't you? You knew this would be the only way I'd return home!" Ghirahim screamed, hands clenching into fists.

"Yes," she admitted. Ghirahim's jaw dropped open at her bluntness. "You wouldn't return on your own, so I let Zelda kill you."

"You bitch-"

"So Ghirahim, it's your choice. You're dead. You can either go into the afterlife with me or rot alongside your father," Hylia snarled. Ghirahim crossed his arms over his chest.

"Yeah, I choose neither."

And, that's the basic story of how he came to be a troubled spirit roaming the world alongside Link.

---

"Maybe one day I'll get to hear you say 'I love you too' back to me again," Ghirahim sighed. He let Link continue to walk past him, his hand lingering on his shoulder for just a second. He took a deep breath and turned to Zelda. "So, how are we going to get you out of this mess Missy?"

Zelda gave him a quizzical look. "Like I've said, I still hate you, but we can't let Link kill you to resurrect Demise. We need to get him to kill you somewhere else."

The blond sniffled. Do I really need to die? Ghirahim looked at her with a straight face.

"You killed me and Groose. If I don't see you die, I will lose my mind," he spat out, causing the girl to whimper. Link heard that of course.

"Why are you whimpering?" The blond sarcastically questioned. "I haven't even cut your eyes out yet." Zelda gasped before dry heaving. Link looked at her irritatedly as she bent over, saliva dribbling down to the grass below. She coughed a few more times before clearing her throat and looking back up at Link.

"You're not serious, are you?" She squeaked, afraid of the answer. Link dryly smiled at her and shrugged his shoulders.

"I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it," he stated nonchalantly before pulling on the rope, signaling that small break was over. Zelda almost tripped over her feet as she began walking again.

"I don't think I'd mind watching that. I can hear your ignored pleas now as there's blood running down your face and a smalle blade scooping beneath your eyeball," Ghirahim snickered before glancing at Link. "But in all honestly, I'm not sure I like Link being evil. That's more of my thing."

You're unbelievable! Zelda mouthed angrily at him. Ghirahim just pretended to study his nails.

"Says the girl who murdered me in cold blood," he muttered to himself.

A/N: ?