Chapter 1

A/N: THIS IS A SEQUEL. You will understand this better if you read my first story, Inevitable. Available on my works, and has a red-and-black cover. But you don't necessarily need to read that first.

If you've already read Inevitable... Welcome back! I love you all and I'm sorry about the wait, but I wanted to publish it first thing of the new year...

PJO/Hunger Games crossover. Formers' characters with the latters' setting.

Happy reading!!
CherryandBananaPie

POV: Thalia Grace

When I was fifteen years old, I abandoned my brother.

It haunts me every day.

My mother had left me in the house, taking Jason out to visit one of her friends. I was perched in the most comfortable place in the whole place - Mother's bed. Little blades of grass stolen from the base of the fence had plaited themselves into little mats as I worked, wriggling on the dirty bedsheet, my tongue sticking out into the dusty air.

At first, I had dismissed the shuffling sound I heard as Hanna Mirche and her large family next door. They were always up to something, after all. But it was only as it came closer that I put the grass down and looked up.

And I had seen a woman looking at me, her reddish-auburn hair dull in the twilight, but her green eyes were fixed on me with an incredible intensity.

I hadn't screamed.

And from the first word, Artemis had captured me in the idea of setting everyone free. She told tales of successful Capitol spies. A training base in District two. The only problems would be getting me out of here, and the simple way she said it made it hardly feel like a problem. A harmless smoke bomb set off in school, a bit of red juice thrown about, and me smuggled out of here.

Thalia Grace would be no more.

And I agreed. How was I not to? Artemis had come specially for me, after hearing about that little disturbance I made last autumn, when I found a camera. The league had sought me out, and so here I was. It was a once-in-a-lifetime-chance.

To the authorities, Thalia Grace had died a week later, after a hot coal set the north classroom on fire at school. Half the building was burned, but there were no other casualties. A sad story. People comforted my mother, and gave my brother bits of leftover food when they had it.

I soon faded out of memory. Meanwhile, another member of the Rebellatis in District two gained a new child, Thalia Arcas.

Callisto was, and always has been a lovely mother to me and my 'sisters', Zoe, Bianca and Phoebe. Zoe had came from District eight, picked for her stand-offish manner and tendency to disobey rules. Phoebe was a red-headed girl from ten. Bianca was from 6, a dark-haired, shy girl who had wanted a second chance. Callisto would send us off to training in the mornings with prettily packed lunches of meat sandwiches, and maybe even a sweet or two if she could afford it. She wasn't married, but she gave around the story that she took in certain abandoned children. No-one argued - not even the peacekeepers. She was the sort of person that you simply trusted.

Two was brilliant. We learned to fight. We learned how to duel with swords, throw knives, and fire arrows from sleek, wooden bows. We knew from our early lives how to scrimp and save on food. For the first year, we were fine.

Then Bianca got chosen for the Games. Artemis, on one of her many visits, had said that we had all the proper papers here and everything. It hadn't dawned on us that citizenship of a district meant that you then had to fight for them.

Well, after she died, we got all too painfully aware.

Another girl called Celyn joined us a few months later - a perky girl from eleven. But it didn't really matter too much. Me and Zoe would be moving to the Capitol in a years time, disguised again into a different family, with our school marks changed by members of the Rebellatis and a job where the cameras showing the highest Capitol members were in easy reach.

But a month before I had to go, just before a freak explosion in our area killed me, my comrades, and was actually planned to kill a suspected Capitol spy, as my hair was cut, tattoos were marked out on me, and a wardrobe of silly stuff was bought, my friend Annabeth entered the Games. They took pity on me and put the date back a few months.

But it wasn't just her.

My little brother, Jason, went in. Bianca's brother Nico. Zoe's sister Calypso. Reyna too, the sister of a girl who had recently gone up into the Capitol - Hylla. They all died. It was easily the most brutal one I had ever seen.

Annabeth won.

It broke me.

And now, my time out is spent. I'm being loaded onto a train tomorrow. Zoe and Annabeth are coming with me. We are just going through our 'final stages' - Zoe's dark purple skin wants touched up, Annabeth needs a few more lessons on Capitol-style make-up, we all need to learn to put the blasted things they call clothes, on properly, and my deep blue tattoos need to be darker. But when the final preparations are done, three pink-wigged sisters will be riding the gem train into the Capitol. Our papers are already online; we're registered as Virgo, Indira and Liszy, the daughters of a couple who work for the Rebellatis, but have spy jobs as head cook and secretary in the Presidents Mansion. They're like Callisto, non-fighters, but still doing something.

The security guards will let us through, as apparently, our mother paid a lot of money to send us to District four, for Liszy's bad health. They are obliged to let people so rich cross the borders at any time.

It can't go wrong.

We are too fuelled up now. The Capitol killed our family and friends, and now we will help bring them down.