Epilouge

In a comfortable sitting room, in a large house in the Capitol centre, a woman who called herself Perse pressed a button.

She did not hear the effects of her pressing this button, but she felt them in her heart.

It felt good.

Rhosyn Rocha, for that was her actual name, settled herself more comfortably into the edge of the sofa. Only two years it had taken her to undermine this silly little rebellion.

It was all my sisters fault for getting involved. She thought to herself, fiddling with a bracelet. If Perse had only known how stupid she was. Then, I'm gonna get a prize for this. Money? She cackled to herself, all thoughts of her sister aside. You could never have enough money.

__________

Maybe a little history may be helpful at this point.

Perse and Rhosyn Rocha were two of seven sisters born to Mr and Mrs Rocha in the Capitol. Perse and the other 5 sister grew up to be beautiful, helpful, kind girls who never really fitted into Capitol life. They got lovely husbands and proceeded to go onto have lovely, kind children. Perse even proceeded to go on and join a rebellion group against the Capitol.

Rhosyn Rocha grew up to be beautiful, greedy and unpleasant. She took delight in stomping on people's hopes and dreams and made sure no-one went uninsulted. She was very good at eavesdropping on people's private conversations though. In fact it got her far in later years.

So when Rhosyn had found out about Perse's involvement in this Rebellatis group, her first move was to find her sister and put a bullet through her brain. Her second move was to think of a plan. And her plan was perfect. Her third move was to place a strong pair of hands around Perse's husbands throat, destroying his lovely, calm voice and replacing it with the a new rasp. A few threats and weeks later and their marriage was official. And so was Rhosyn's name change.

And so Perse had reported in for duty.

________
The Rhosyn of the present took a minute to congratulate herself. After all, it was not such a monumental occasion every day. Her husband wandered downstairs, his soft eyes full of fragmented hope. She'd enjoyed getting him to terrorise those three little girls. After all, he did anything she wanted him to to because his children were on the line.

And so as she didn't need him anymore, she killed him.

His eyes lost focus and he hit the floor with a thump. Rhosyn placed her gun on the coffee table and turned the TV on. She'd go to the President tomorrow, when they asked for information.

But for now, she was very content just to watch.