Chapter 5 ~Chestburster~

As everyone started to eat it seemed normal. Max was awake and seemed to be doing fine. It almost seemed like nothing happened. Like we never found the eggs, the spider like creature didn't go on Max, and that we never went to that planet. That is till Max began to scream.

          Everyone stopped and rushed to his side as he screamed and thrashed around. "Max what's wrong!?" Becca yelled but only got a scream as a response. Joseph and Roger tried to hold him down but he fell on top of the table knocking over everything to the ground.

        He thrashed and yelled as he arched his back. Blood was seen through his shirt on his chest and Joseph held him down trying to get him to stop but more blood soaked his shirt till something came through his chest. A pale snake like creature bursted through his chest and it screeched. Everyone gasped and backed away as the creature looked around but stopped when it saw Becca. The creature looked at her for a minute almost like it was staring into her soul till it screeched and slithered off disappearing from sight.

        No one said anything almost like everyone was trying to decide if they saw the same thing or not. Max laid on the table, his chest covered with blood and tissue but we all knew he was dead. But the silence was broken by Roger, "What the fuck was that!?" Joseph looked toward where the creature ran off and said, "I'm contacting my boss." And with that, he walked off leaving everyone in shock and fear. But the only one that wasn't scared by the creature, was Becca.

         Even though she watched the creature burst out and kill Max, for some reason she felt curious about it. Almost like how a child sees a dog and wants to chase after it and pet it. And the creature seemed to think the same thing about her. Roger looked at Max then back to everyone else and said, "I'm going to have a word with Joseph." And he pushed passed us stomping his way down the hall toward the head of the ship.

         Soon everyone except Becca went to where Joseph is at or went somewhere to vomit or rest. Becca walked toward Max's dead body and uses her fingers to close his eyes. She sighed closing her eyes wishing she never joined this expedition with Joseph. But it's to late to go back. She opened her eyes and took a step back and quietly said, "I'm sorry Max, if it wasn't for us, you would still be alive." Becca tried to hold back a tear but a single tear slid down her cheek falling to the floor. But what she didn't know was that something was watching her from the shadows. And that something felt the same thing as she did. Sadness.