Chapter Seven.

(Disclaimer: this story and its characters belong to J.K.Rowling.)

Song: Technicolor Beat - Oh Wonder.

Thanks so much for all the votes and comments lately. It's getting me all happy and giggly. ;)

It had been two weeks since the bathroom incident, and the only few times Draco had seen Harry was in the classes they shared. And, now that he thought about it, the Gryffindor had stopped showing up to those as well. His seat had remained empty for two days now.

Now, sitting with his chin rested on his hand in the cold potions classroom, Draco was busy thinking of ways how he could ask Granger and Weasley what had happened to Harry in a way that meant he didn't care and he was just being malicious. Despite all the practise he had had in previous years, Draco couldn't think of anything at all.

By the time the class had come to an end, Draco had formed several make shift plans...and then discarded them immediately.

Now in a bad mood, Draco exited the classroom along with the others, not caring who he bumped into.

He made his way to the library, the clicks of his black shoes echoing in the empty silence- and that was when he heard the sound of breathing and feet, and turned to see Pansy Parkinson hurrying towards him. Reluctantly, he stopped, sliding his hands into his pockets.
"Hello Pansy." He said dejectedly.

She pouted at his expression, and hooked her arm through his, long red fingernails traling up his tattooed skin,
"Draco, darling, why the long face?" She said with a silky smirk, tossing her black hair over her shoulder. "Do you want me to make you feel better?"

Before, he would have said yes, but now he just looked at her with faintly disguised dislike,
"No. I'm fine."

She tugged at him, and they began to walk down the corridor again. Draco, staring out one of the huge, floor to ceiling length windows, felt his thoughts drift inevitably back to Harry Potter.

But that was when it came to him. There was no possible way to ask a Gryffindor what had happened to Harry. However, there was one that joined all the houses together in knowledge; gossip.

And who was the queen of gossip?

"Pansy." Draco said suddenly, stopping and turning towards her, "I was just thinking. I haven't seen Potter around a lot lately. The idiot stopped turning up to classes- not that they would help him much anyway."

Pansy raised an eyebrow, and said,
"Oh, yes, I know. I heard from Lavender that Dean said Potter hasn't been in his dorm or common room for three days. Nobody has any idea where he's gone."

Draco did his best to keep a straight face, but his insides froze. He was missing? Surely not. The headmistress, the teachers, would have raised an alarm.
"Nobody? Not even Granger and Weasley?" He asked, doubting it. Something just didn't feel right about this.

"Well, of course they know." She rolled her eyes at the question, "It's the special little Golden Trio."

Maybe his brain just hadn't been working in the freezing temperatures of the potions classroom, but all at once, another idea came to him.
He slipped out of Pansy's grasp, turned on his heel, and ran back up the corridor, leaving her confused calls behind him.

He passed the potions classroom soon enough, rushing past Professor Schmollebeck, who looked very startled, and down the steps towards the dungeons.

Moments later, he skid into the Slytherin common rooms, nearly knocking over a couple of second years in his haste.

Everyone else, stared at him. Maybe if was because of his unusually flushed appearance, or maybe just the simple sight of him, actually walking amongst them for a change.