Epilogue.

(Disclaimer: this story and its characters belong to J.K.Rowling.)

Song: Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B. J. Thomas.

Five months later...

The heavens above the city of London were overcast, clouds heavy and grey as they skulked near the high tops of the illuminated buildings.

Snow had not yet fallen this Christmas. No, although the air stung skin harshly, and the trees were skeletal, the sky remained barren.

This particular section of London seemed peaceful, despite the bustle of last minute shoppers, shining red and gold with festivities.

Now, our scene begins to narrow its focus; it winds down alleys, turns down passageways, before coming to a stop.

In front of a shop, with twinkling silver lights, framing its large window. Books are displayed upon shelves and stands, hardbacks and paperbacks propped up proudly.

And even from outside this shop, the sound of raised voices could be heard.

One could see, through the illuminated glass of the bookshop, a blonde boy, perhaps in his early adulthood, paced, waving an object in his hand.

"What in Merlin's name is a kindle?"

Closer. Into the shop itself. And there appears another boy, a brunette. He looked on with impatience, arms folded.

"It's an electronic device." Harry Potter told his boyfriend, a certain edge to his voice now. "It holds as many books as you like in once place. So you can take whatever novels you like somewhere, without having to carry them and break your back."

Draco Malfoy made a scoffing noise of pure disbelief in the back of his throat, and peered at the rectangular Kindle in his hands,

"And you're trying to tell me that this isn't magic?"

"Yes." Harry took it from him, and slid it back into the stack he had taken it from, "It's a muggle invention. No magic."

"But..." Draco looked doubtful, glaring at the Kindles with mistrust, as if they were about to grow arms and legs and start attacking them, "They don't feel the same. You don't get to turn the pages."

"That's true." Clicking his tongue, Harry examined the devices once more, before carefully selecting a blue one, "But they're more useful. That's why we're getting one for Hermione. We haven't got her a Christmas present yet."

Opposite him, Draco swallowed, and asked, voice rather small,

"What do you mean 'we'?"

Harry, despite the fact that he had heard the question, busied himself with putting the Kindle neatly in their overflowing basket of books. However, eventually, he took a deep breath, and turned back to Draco.

"Look. It's been, what, five or six months? I have no idea how we've hidden it for this long...I guess we can thank the Invisibility Cloak for that...but aren't you tired of always having to cover our relationship up?"

"I mean," Draco blustered nervously, "It's not that bad- I mean, sure, we've had some close calls."

"Draco," Exasperated, Harry rolled his eyes, but pulled the boy closer by his grey and green striped scarf, "Despite the fact that I don't want to spend my whole life pretending we're only friends, we have little choice. We aren't required to spend this Christmas together like last year, Ron and Hermione will be suspicious if I don't stay at theirs this holiday. The only reason I'm not at the Weasleys' right now is because I've told them I have to do last minute shopping."