Chapter Twenty-Eight.

(Disclaimer: this story and its characters belong to J.K.Rowling.)

Song: Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go by Wham (For George Michael).

So I got in a fight with someone on Wattpad the other day about 'the sins of gay people'. It ended up with them lecturing me about how I'm going to burn in hell and how I'm arrogant for defying God. And hats off to them because it's the first time someone like that has made me feel really upset about that sort of thing. Normally I'm like, 'kay, whatever', but they kept just going on about how I was going to die and yeah. I don't get how people can act like that. I don't think there's any point in living in a world where you can be ridiculed and hurt for loving someone. I understand that there are some Christians who are perfectly okay with LGBT+ people, but the ones I've had experiences with are not that accepting. As an atheist myself, I respect other religious views, but I don't want to live under the rules of a God who sends people to Hell for love. If I am, as the person I was arguing with said, 'challenging God', then so be it. If God does not want gay relationships in this world, then I challenge him.

I do not 'belong to God'. I am my own person, and I won't accept it if anyone who tries to tell me or any other who they can and cannot love.

Bleh. Happy 2017.

- R xxx

Harry could feel eyes on him as he ate. As he took a final, reluctant bite of the sandwich, he glanced at Draco with a frown. They were both sitting in the corner of the kitchens, out of the way of the passing house elves, who were clearing up after the students' lunch.

After a pause, Harry set down his plate, and turned his focus to Draco, swallowing before stating,
"I'm full."

Draco narrowed his eyes in response,
"Are you actually? Or are you just saying that?"

Harry shifted- but for once, he was actually telling the truth. He felt more satisfied than he had in nearly a year. His stomach still felt uneasy, as if it wasn't quite sure whether or not to keep the food down. Before, it had always been to do with motivation, whether or not he ate. He had lost his drive, lost his willingness to do anything. It seemed like there was nothing within him. And anything he did feel had a blanket thrown over it.

Except... except, perhaps, when it came to Draco. Because, the truth was, for the first time in a while, something had started inside him. It was a warm emotion, and to put it simply, it made him feel safe. Even the nervous rushes of adrenaline.

Realising that he'd been lost in his own thoughts, Harry cleared his throat, and mumbled,

"No, I mean it. I swear."

Draco hesitated, as if debating whether or not to believe him, but in the end, he just nodded, biting his lip.

"Good." However, the boy began to study him again, cautiously.

"Draco," Harry exhaled, and rested his head on Draco's shoulder, "I'm not made of china. I won't break. I'm okay."

Even as he said that however, he found his eyes slowly closing, paperweights of exhaustion weighing him down. He buried his face in Draco's neck, letting himself relax into him. The boy smelled like spicy soap, and mint, and Harry wanted to get lost in it all.

He heard Draco murmuring something, felt him take his hand and tug Harry to his feet.

"Come on. I'll take you to your common room, and give you the Dreamless Sleep potion." Draco told him quietly as he began to walk him out of the kitchens.

But Harry shook his head, despite how sleepy he felt,
"No. I don't want to go to my dorm. Ron and Hermione will just ask me questions if I show up."