Chapter Ten.

(Disclaimer: this story and its characters belong to J.K.Rowling.)

Song: Sweet Child Of Mine by Guns 'n' Roses, cuz that's my mood right now.

I am literally freaking out. I've hit 4k! This, of course, is now my biggest achievement in life. *cough* that doesn't make me sad, shush. Obviously other people have had much much better than that on Wattpad, I know, but to me, it's a prettyyyy big deal.

ALSO IF YOU LOVE ME CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK I'M STARTING: 'The Shadow Stealers". NOT FAN FICTION, IT'S MY OWN WRITING, BUT DON'T JUDGE IT, GIVE IT A TRY.

Rock on.

- R xx

Draco woke slowly, and carefully, and in pain. The object he was lying on was soft and warm, which was pretty much the only thing he appreciated right now. The first thing that swam into focus was a white ceiling. He groaned slightly, trying to move his muscles, but they felt stiff, like unoiled machinery.

His aching seemed dulled at corner of his consciousness. The rest of him felt light, and numb.

After some struggling, he managed to turn his head, blinking a few times as a person came to view, sitting by his bed.

Black hair, worried expression, legs swinging off the chair...and brown eyes.

Pansy.

Not that he was expecting anyone else.

"Merlin," Draco croaked, his throat scratching roughly as he spoke, "Now this definitely isn't heaven."

Pansy pouted slightly, and tilted her head,
"It's not? What makes you think that?"
"Because you're here." Draco said flatly, then added, "And I wouldn't go to heaven."

He tried to sit up, coughing, and looked around at the Hopsital Wing slowly, neck creaking as he used it.

Eyes were on him. After a few seconds, he snapped,
"What, Pansy?"

"Well," she said eventually, a smile in her voice that he couldn't quite describe. "You know where you were found, right? Gryffindor Tower?"

Draco swallowed painfully, and dropped his forehead onto his knees, cursing.
"So?" He mumbled after he had finished swearing, "What difference does that make?"

"Draco, I swear," Pansy snapped impatiently, leaning back in her chair, "You're so- I'm not stupid, you know. I can put two and two together-"

"-Can you?" Draco interrupted, but she flicked him in the forehead before he could speak further.

"You were dueling with Potter, weren't you, for Defence Against The Dark Arts?" Pansy continued, narrowing her eyes, and sounding rather like a detective, "And later, you were found, beaten up bloody on the Gryffindor stairs."

Draco avoided her gaze, rubbing his bruised jaw with his hand ruefully,
"Pansy, please, shut up. Where are you even going with this?"

Pansy stood, hands on her hips,
"You know exactly where I'm going with this. I really don't think Potter is capable of beating you up, so it could have been him who did it. Tell me what's going on."

Sliding back under his covers so that he was more hidden, Draco made a face,
"Well, it's kind of obvious, you know." He snaps, defiantly, "I was bound to be hurt in someway for being in Gryffindor Tower. It was inevitable."

"You are so avoiding my point." She pointed an accusing finger at him, "Why were you even in Gryffindor Tower in the first pla-"

Her words were suddenly cut short by a short huff, and Madame Pomfrey suddenly swept into his view, so that Pansy was forced to step back slightly.