A Past Once Forgotten

(The song is amazing 😉 Play it through if you would like, I'd recommend it)

Sans walked out of his room and down to the living room where he saw (Y/N), Frisk and Chara on the couch. Sans took a good look at Chara and noticed her red puffy eyes that still had tear stains on them. Sans didn't question it and walked into the kitchen to make some hot coco for them all.

When the coco was done Sans poured it into five cups. Sans picked up two cups and handed it to (Y/N) and Frisk. Sans stood there for a moment until (Y/N) shot Sans with a soul piercing glare causing Sans to hesitantly go back to the kitchen and grab one more cup and handed it to Chara. Chara gently grabbed the cup and sipped it. Her pupils shrank. "Geez that's hot!" Everyone burst out into laughter. Even Sans who had showed no emotion towards Chara was now dying of laughter.

Chara's face turned red due to all of their laughing. "S-stop it-its not funny!" Chara flailed her arms in the air trying to get the others to stop laughing at her. After a while the others stopped their mad laughing fit. Sans left the rom to keep some privacy inside the house because he could tell something deep was about to happen.

(Y/N) was the first to speak up "Chara it's time you tell us the truth, not just about your past but also as to why you did what you did to Frisk..." (Y/N) face gained a small smirk "and I'm DETERMINED to find out." Chara frowned she decided that it would be best to explain what happened with Frisk first as it was easiest to say. "Well I might as well start of with what happened with Frisk because it was the most recent" Chara cringed a little thinking of all they had wrongly been accused for, yet they believed it was their own doing. "It all started when frisk first fell down."

"When Frisk fell her DETERMINATION was unusually high, even now her DETERMINATION is excitingly high. This is what allows Frisk to access the timelines. This DETERMINATION is what awoke me from death, although I did not have a physical form I was ecstatic that I was able to return. After all the last time I was awake I was killed by humans when me and my brother Asriel passed through the barrier to kill humans." (Y/N) frowned "Chara, I'm so sorry" Chara was taken back by (Y/N)'s act of kindness. "(Y/N) you have no need to sorry, it was not your fault."

A huge wave of guilt came over (Y/N). "But Chara..." (Y/N) sighed in regret. "Chara... your brother was a goat right, like Toriel?" Chara seemed a little shocked "h-how did you know that?"

"Listen Chara that village that you went to, that was your home town. I would know I was your first friend I lived there as well... and when Asriel came to the village I knew you were in there, I could feel it. They told me to go back inside..... they called you a demon Chara! A demon sent straight from hell sent to attack me because I became friends with you!" (Y/N)'s eyes were filled to the brim with tears. Chara gained a rueful grin. "So (Y/N) do you regret it, do you regret knowing me?" Even though Chara showed barley any emotion, inside they were and complete wreck of emotions. To remove some of the pain, they used they only way they knew how... laughing. She laughed, and keep laughing. It's SO funny, she can't stop. Tears run down her face.

Seeing Chara in such an distressed state made (Y/N) doleful. "N-no Chara I don't regret meeting you, ever since I heard you had left I've felt the worst pain ever. Then when all was the world I tried to end it all. I tried to shoot myself in the head. It worked.. to an extent. I hadn't died, I just lost my memory. That was until I met you in the void. Somehow all the anomalies in this god forsaken timeline allowed me my memories back. So, no I do not regret meeting y-" Chara sushed (Y/N) with a heartfelt hug.

They stayed in this position for a few minutes until they remembered Frisk was there staring with tears still in her eyes, the only words she could muster were "that... was... beautiful." Chara stopped hugging (Y/N) and coughed. "Where was I? Oh yeah when I was awake I saw Frisk befriending all the monsters, so I helped them. Well I didn't really have a choice after all my body had something like a leash that kept me with Frisk. After doing the pacifist run a few times Frisk got bored and said they wanted to do a no mercy run. I agreed knowing that I couldn't stop them even if I tried."