Chapter 2: The Death of Eddie Van Coon

"Two trips around the world this month. He didn't ask his secretary; you said that just to irritate him." John said to you and Sherlock as you leave the bank. You and Sherlock glance at each other and smile but don't respond.

"How did you know?" John asked Sherlock.

"Did you see his watch?" asked Sherlock.

"His watch?" John asked, confused.

"The time was right but the date was wrong. Said two days ago. Crossed the dateline twice but he didn't alter it," You answered.

"Within a month? How'd you two get that part?" John asked. "New Breitling. Only came out this Feburary." Sherlock said. "Okay. So d'you think we should sniff around here a bit longer?" John asked.

"Got everything we need to know already, thanks." You replied.

"Hmm?" said John.

"That graffiti was a message for someone at the bank working on the trading floors. We find the intended recipient and...." Sherlock trails off to allow John to finish the sentence. "...they'll lead us to the person who sent it." John, finally, finished.

"Obvious." You stated.

"Well, there's three hundred people up there. Who was it meant for?" asked John.

"Pillars." You and Sherlock said, in unison.

"What?"

"Pillars and the screens. Very few places you can see that graffiti from. That narrows the field considerably. And of course the message was left at eleven thirty four last night. That tells us a lot." You answered. "Does it?" John asked, confused.

You and the boys walked through the revolving door and out onto the street as Sherlock continues. "Traders come to work at all hours. Some trade with Hong Kong in the middle of the night. That message was intended for someone who came in at midnight." He holds up the name card to show John.

"Not many Van Coons in the phone book." You said as Sherlock spots a taxi and hollers. "Taxi!" And the three of you jump in.

"So what do we do now? Sit here and wait for him to come back?" John asked, after you arrived at the complex and Sherlock pressed the buzzer with the name Van Coon marked on it, twice, but no response. You look closely at the row of buzzers on the wall as Sherlock looks over at the front of the building. "Just moved in." You stated. "What?" John and Sherlock asked you.

You point at another buzzer, which has a handwritten label saying Wintle. "Floor above. New label." You said, smiling. Sherlock looks at the buzzer and looks at you and smiles. "Good job." He mutters to you as John stated "Could have just replaced it." Sherlock presses the buzzer, then look over at John. "No-one ever does that." He said as a woman's voice comes over the intercom.

"Hello?" She said. Sherlock turns to the security camera, which was placed above the buzzers, and smiles. "Hi! Um, my girlfriend and I live in the flat just below you. I-I don't think we've met." Sherlock said in what you called his normal human voice. You also blushed when he called you his "girlfriend".

"No, well, uh, I've just moved in." The woman, Wintle, said. You give John and Sherlock the I told you so look as Sherlock continues "Actually, we just locked our keys in our flat." He grimaces and bites his lip plaintively. "D'you want me to buzz you two in?" Wintle asked him. "Yeah. And can we use your balcony?" He asked.

"What?"

Afterwhile you and Sherlock are standing on Ms Wintle's balcony and you two look over the side. Luckily, the other flats below have balconies that you two could easily climb on. "Okay, I'll go first and then you come down and I'll catch you. Ok?" Sherlock asked you. "Sounds good." You replied as Sherlock climbs over the side of the balcony and drops down onto the outside of Van Coon's flat. "Ok...your turn." He said as he moves to the side enough for you to land.