Chapter 7: Kidnapped and Rescued

Oh my head....God...what happened? You thought as you regain your consciousness. You look over and see John and Sarah tied up to chairs, Sarah having a gag in her mouth. You also see John has a bleeding cut on his left temple.

"Ugh....J-J-John?" You said, groggily. John looks over at you and is about to say something when a woman spoke.

"A book is like a malice garden carried in your pocket. Chinese proverb, Mr Holmes." She said and you look around quickly, scared that Sherlock got captured too. But you don't see him anywhere then you see the woman approaching John and you realize that she thinks John is Sherlock.
"I...I'm not Sherlock Holmes." John said, looking at her startled. The woman smiled humorlessly at him. "Forgive me if I do not take your word for it." And she reaches down and pulls open his jacket rummaging in the inside pockets. She finds his wallet, opens it and takes something out.

"A check for five thousand pounds made out to Mr Sherlock Holmes." She said.

"Yeah, he gave me that to look after." John said.

The woman looks through his wallet again and pulls out the tickets from the circus. "Tickets from the theatre, collected by you, name of Holmes." She said, still smirking at him.

"Yes, okay...I realize what this looks like, but I'm not him." John stated.

"We heard it from your own mouth." The woman replied.

"What?" John asked.

"I am Sherlock Holmes and I always work alone because no one can compete with my massive intellect." She repeated the words to him as he shakes his head and chuckles.
"I suppose there's no use in us trying to persuade you he was doing an impression." You said and the woman raises her gun and pointed it at you then to John.

"I am Shan." She stated.

"You're...you're Shan." John said as he stares at her.

"Three times we tried to kill you and your companions, Mr Holmes. What does it tell you when an assassin cannot shoot straight?" She asked John as she cocks the pistol. John cringes back, turning his head away. You, struggling to get out of your bonds, were whispering. "Don't, don't."

The woman tightens her finger on the trigger as John stares at it, face full of terror. She pulls the trigger and....Click!

John grunts in shock as Shan smiles smugly. "It tells you that they're not really trying." She said as you and John breath heavily, trying to get control of yourselves. Shan then slides a clip in the pistol and cocks it and aims it at John again. "If we wanted to kill you, Mr Holmes, we would have done it by now. We just wanted to make you inquisitive. Do you have it?" She asked John.

"Do we have what?" You asked her.

She turns to you and said. "The treasure."

"We don't know what you're talking about." You replied. Shan turns away from you and says. "I would prefer to make certain." And you notice a large object covered in a cloth, standing in the middle of this tunnel you were in. Shan looks at her men and one of them pulls the cloth and see that it's the crossbow from the circus, an arrow is already loaded in it.

Oh God! Please no! Sherlock, please, get here! Please! You thought frantically to yourself. "Everything in the West has its price; and the price for her life...information." She said as she points at Sarah. The two men pick up Sarah's chair and place her right in front of the arrow tip. She cries out as you try to tug at the ropes, hoping to get you out of this chair.

"Where's the hairpin?" The woman asked looking between you and John.

"What?" He asked as he, too, was trying to tug at his bonds.