Chapter 6: Interfering with John's Date

The next day, in the afternoon, You and Sherlock are still working on the crates. John left earlier for work and would be back soon. "A book that everybody would own." Sherlock muttered as he pulls down the Concise Oxford English Dictionary, the Holy Bible and another book you couldn't see the title of. He looks through the three books and you keep looking through the other books.

After while you hear the door slam and John walks in. "I need to get some air. We're going out tonight." Sherlock announced. "Actually, I've, er, got a date." John said as he smiles, smugly. "What? Really?" You asked. John nods and you smile at him. "Who's the lucky girl, John?" You asked. "Sarah. I met her at the surgery." He replies. "You dog. Way to go." You said as you lightly punch him in the shoulder.

"Where are you taking her?" Sherlock asked, sulky. "The cinema." John said. "Oh, dull, boring, predictable." Sherlock remarked. You roll your eyes and go to Sherlock's coat and pull out a pice of paper. "Why don't you try this, John?" You asked as you hand him the paper.
John looks at it and it advertised the Yellow Dragon Circus and it gives the telephone number of the Box Office. "In London for one night only." You said. John chuckles as he looks back at you. "I'll have Sherlock reserve couple of tickets for you and Sarah." You said. "Ok, I'll try it." He said. You smiled. "Excellent." You said.

Later, John has gone to get ready for his date and Sherlock called the circus and reserved the tickets. You were making coffee for you and Sherlock, when Sherlock came up to you and said. "You and I are going to the circus as well." You turn towards him and stare at him.

"What? Why?" You asked.

"Yellow Dragon Circus, in London for one day. It fits. The Tong sent an assassin to England..." He said and then you talk over him.

"Dressed up as a tightrope walker. Come on, Sherlock. It's John's date!" You said. "We're looking for a killer who can climb, who can shin up a rope. Where else would you find that level of dexterity? Exit visas are scarce in China. They need a pretty good reason to get out of the country. All I need to do is have a quick look around the place." Sherlock said as you rub your temples.

The bad thing is you knew he was right but also you two were gonna barge into John's date. You let out a deep sigh and said. "You're right...let's go...but I'm telling John you forced me into this." You told him as the two of you grab your coats and head out the door. "Course I'm right. John will understand. Besides this more important than a date." Sherlock said as he hailed a cab and the two of you headed to the circus.

You and Sherlock enter the building and see John and a woman, Sarah you presume, talking to the man in the Box Office. "Actually, I have four in that name." You hear the man say to John.

"No, I don't think so. We only booked two." John said, confused.

"And then I phoned back and got one for (y/n) and myself." Sherlock said.

John turns around in disbelief and glared at you two. You give him apologetic smile at him as you and Sherlock approach John and Sarah. Sherlock offers Sarah his hand and said "I'm Sherlock and this is (y/n)." Sarah glances at John for a moment then turns back to you two and shakes Sherlock's hand. "Er, hi." She said, nervously. "Hello." Sherlock said, giving her a fake smile, and walks away. You rolled your eyes and offer her your hand.
"It's lovely to met you and I want to say I'm so sorry about this." You said as she shakes your hand.

After while you and Sarah talked a little bit while Sherlock and John were arguing. You and Sarah walked around the corner when you her John say. "While I'm trying to get off with Sarah!" You give a small cough and John turns to you and Sarah and smiles awkwardly. "Heyyy." He said as Sherlock turns and heads up the stairs. "You guys ready?" You asked John and Sarah. They nodded and you three follow after Sherlock.