Will You Go On A Date With Me?!

Henry

It was now lunch and we all went to a table in the back left corner away from everyone else.

"We might get out early today." Chloe announced.

"Because the teachers have a meeting?" Charlotte asked.

"Yeah they moved the time of the meeting to right after lunch instead of after school. I forgot that was today!" Danielle exclaimed.

"I didn't even know that was today." Jasper said with crumbs tumbling out of his mouth.

"Same here Jasp." Noah said then burping.

"Me also." I said without wiping my mouth.

The girls looked at us with disgust.

"Nasty asses." We heard Chloe mutter.

"Enough of that! So Chloe, are we still on this Friday night?" Charlotte said changing the conversation and pulling out a bag of Takis her backpack. She then looked at me smirking knowing I love Takis. She chuckled and passed the bag to me and pulled another out of her bag.

"Yeah, you and Dani can still come over. I've already planned everything."

Are they having a sleepover? And they didn't invite us?!

This ain't a game. Well just show up anyways.

"And don't show up!" Danielle said pointing her fork at Noah, Jasper, and I. Is this girl reading minds now?

"Chill babe! We don't even know what's going on." Noah said then he turned from Dani and the girls to us giving us a look basically saying, 'Were crashing whatever their doing'.

Lunch ended with our principal announcing we could all go home. Dani and Noah had snuck off somewhere and Chloe and Jasper left as soon as the word 'go' was out of our principals mouth.

Now Charlotte and I were waiting for everyone to leave before we left out, we didn't want to get caught up in that craziness.

"I'll walk you home Char." I told her as we walked out of the double doors.

We spent time joking around, laughing, and just talking. It felt like I was supposed to be doing this from the start.

Then I got an amazing idea.

"Will you sing for me again?" I asked Charlotte. She looked up at me with her brown doe like eyes that could make me weak in the knees and said, 'Yeah'.

(Play song)

"I remember, I remember when I lost my mind.

There was something so pleasant about that place, even your emotions had an echo in so much space.

And when you're out there without care, yeah, I was out of touch, but it wasn't because I didn't know enough.

I just knew too much.

Does that make me crazy?

Possibly!

An I hope that you are having the time of your life, but think twice, that's my only advice.

Come on now, who do you, who do you, who do you, who do you think you are?

Ha ha ha, bless your soul!"

Yeah she sang. She sang her little heart out to me and only me...I feel so special...really!

And that's how I got the courage to do this.

"Will you go on a date with me?!" I blurted out just as we got to her driveway. She turned to me smiling with the sun behind her making her look like a goddess.

"I would love to Henry" Charlotte said looking up at me, her eyes sparkling in the sunlight.