All The Feelings

"I'll get the tickets," Marcus says as we step out of the car. The sun is still high in the sky and I squint against the brightness. I don't say anything to Marcus as we walk across the parking lot. The concert doesn't start for another three hours but the parking lot is crowded. It is mostly young females dressed in all variety of clothing. A group of girls are wearing nothing but Bieber gear while another couple girls aren't wearing much of anything.

"I feel like a grandma around all these girls," I comment.

"We're not that much older," Marcus says. We are now waiting in line. There are only a couple of people in front of us. "Just a couple years."

"I know," I say. "It's just weird. I haven't been to a concert in a long time. I'm going to go wait by the door for you, okay?"

"Okay. This shouldn't take too long." Marcus lets go of my hand and I step away.

I can still see Marcus standing in line as I wait by the door. I pull my phone out and go to Justin's contact. I don't know if he is going to answer, but I need to talk to him. I look over at Marcus. I need to talk to Justin fast. I hit the call button.

A sigh of relief escapes my lips as he answers. I turn and look at Marcus. There are only two more couples in front of him. "Justin, listen. I need to talk to you. It's a long story."

"Is everything okay? You sound freaked out."

No really? I want to scream at him. I just shake my head though. "I can't talk for long. I'm going to be at your concert tonight. I'm actually here now. I'm with... someone. They bought tickets to meet you. Please." My voice changes from a rushed whisper to begging. "Please, just act like we don't know each other."

I don't wait for him to say anything before I hang up and turn to smile at Marcus. He is walking toward me now with tickets. I force a smile as he stands beside me. "We are pretty close to the stage, up in the seats."

"Sounds good," I say. I can hear the not-so-happy-tone my voice has taken on. I try to change it, make it more cheerful. "So, are we meeting Justin before or after?"

"Before," Marcus says, holding out one of the meet-and-greet badges. "It starts in about half an hour I believe. We are supposed to meet by the left side of the stage."

Marcus holds the door open for me and I walk through. I can feel my nerves start to shake. Marcus is talking and just listening to him calms me a little. At least until I remember where we are heading and who we are meeting.

There are a couple other girls and a handful of guys waiting in line already. We stand away from them a little ways. Marcus has his arm around my waist. It isn't long before a woman with an All Access badge comes and greets the group. There are about thirty some people in the group. Half of them scream as loud as they can.

They are loud. I understand why Justin hates doing the meet-and-greets now. Even for the quick minute, the loudness is irritating. I look at Marcus and can see the same thoughts passing on his face. Well, maybe not the exact same thoughts, but something similar.

"You will meet Justin and have a picture taken. We will be taking the picture. No phones or cameras out. We will confiscate them."

I give a look to Marcus and we both just smile. I can hear one of the girls behind me think aloud to her friend that she wants to try and get a picture on her phone. I just shake my head. Follow the rules, people. I mean when you don't it gives me more work, but I'd rather go out of business than you continuing to annoy celebrities.

"You'll go in one group at a time," the lady continued to say as we lined up outside a door. "Just say hi, take a picture, and say goodbye. Any gifts you may have brought, make sure to leave them by the cart."