Conversation

"It's all in the book! He said..."

"You'll understand it! He said..."

"It's not that hard! They all said..."

"Well if it's so easy then why don't I get it?!"

Vinnie Terrio and Minka Mark were hanging out at the park, doing their homework. They were at a park table with their books laid out everywhere. Minka was finishing up some art homework while Vinnie was attempting to study. However, he looked irritated.

Minka glanced up from her paper and looked over at her green haired friend, who had just remarked over the work. She shook her head and turned his book around, for it was upside down.

"Oh...now it makes much more sense..." He nervously chuckled.

"Honestly, I think that's the easiest part of the chapter! How can you not understand it?" Minka then asked, resting a hand on her chin. Vinnie set the book down.

"I don't know! Well actually...I think it's because of all those weird letters! Like the one that looks like an M but is really a u..." He mumbled. Minka raised a brow.

"You know you could just use a calculator right?..." She muttered.

"But uh...isn't that cheating?" He asked. Minka sighed at the obvious question.

"Vinnie! The teacher herself even said we could use it anytime! She even lent the whole class a calculator!"

"Oh! I haven't even touched it yet..." He smugly smiled as he pulled it out from his backpack. He attempted to turn it on but it didn't work.

"This thing is broken! Why would she give us a calculator that doesn't even work?! I demand a refund!!"

"Vinnie!...Does it even have batteries?...."

"Let me check...." He opened the back of the calculator and indeed there were four slots for AAA batteries that were all empty.

"Nope!....Ooohhhh.....now I get it!" He grinned. Minka giggled and rummaged through her own bag.

"I'll let you borrow mine for the meantime."

"Thanks! But I can't believe these things need AAA batteries! I mean, who USES those? That's crazy!" He laughed as he received the working calculator.

"I know right? They should just make everything work on AA batteries!" She picked up her pencil and resumed in her drawing.

About five minutes had past before Vinnie began to speak again.

"You know, I was going to ask Sunil to help me study, but ya know how he gets..." He chuckled at the thought of his best friend getting irritated.

"Yeah! It reminds me of Russell! He would just stare at the paper for like forever! I don't even think he BLINKS!" She exclaimed.

"I think those two should study together." He joked.

"Let's just not be there when it happens!" She grinned.

"Speaking of those two..." He then began to ponder, "I wonder what they're up to right now?

Minka sighed. "Russell is obviously off studying somewhere..."

"When is he ever not studying? I mean seriously! The guy needs a break!" Vinnie chuckled.

"Yeah..." Minka agreed as she continued to draw on the paper.

"What a nerd..." Vinnie shook his head. He was lucky Russell wasn't here. Otherwise, he would have obliterated him by now...Minka looked up and smiled.

"He may be a nerd, but he's still a cool guy!" Minka chirped, giggling.

"True...I see why ya like him." He smugly smiled, making her cheeks turn slightly red as she crossed her arms.

"Don't start..." She pouted.

"Aww come on Minks! The guy needs something to take that dorky mind of his off from school!" Vinnie grinned as he finished the last of his homework.

"Oh really? I should be saying the same for you and Sunil!" Minka smirked.  "You two are obviously so close!"

"So what? We're guys! We don't need to talk about feelings!" Vinnie remarked.

"Then why are we even talking about it right now?" She giggled.

"I don't know! You brought it up!" He responded.

She raised a brow. "Actually, you did..."

Vinnie was about to remark that comment but knew she was right.

"....That doesn't matter!"

"Oh Vinnie," She said as she began to put her things away, "there's no need to hide away your feelings!" She giggled.

"So why don't you tell Rusty how ya feel?" He smirked. He then was met by Minka's fist on his shoulder.

"Ow!" He laughed, obviously finding her behavior funny.

"Don't go back to that again, Vincent!" She crossed her arms in annoyance.

"No one calls me that..." He muttered as he rubbed his shoulder.

Minka's eyes lighted up and grinned. "Besides Sunil! Eh?" She asked, making him glare at her with annoyance.

"Whatever..." He muttered

Minka put her bag over her shoulder. "I thought so!"

"Hey! If I can't talk about Rusty then you shouldn't bother me with Sunil." He put his hand in his pocket as he grabbed his bag.

"Alright alright..." She giggled.

______