Chapter 4 - What Do You Want?

"Wake up!" Biana screamed and jumped on the top of the bed, already dressed, barely avoiding accidentally kicking Sophie.

"Biana!" Linh shrieked, caught by surprise—so much that she fell to the floor. "You scared me!"

"Sorry!" Biana giggled and went to help her friend up. "I'm just excited for Matchmaking! It's today!"

Well, she was sure excited. As if the giggles and her jumping on the bed didn't show that. Sophie was about to stretch and get up when she heard a knock on the door.

"Hello? Biana?" Dex called from outside the door, his raspy voice showing evidence that he was still tired.

"Oh, hey Dex. Did I wake you? It's only seven in the morning so . . . ," Biana said rapidly.

"Yeah, can you keep it down?" Dex asked. "I don't need Keefe to be grumpy today, especially since he's probably going to think of a way to get back at me."

"No problem," Biana whispered, applying Dex's wish. "Sophie, Linh hurry up and get dressed. We have to leave at 10:30 and I don't want to be late."

Dex smiled. "Thank you."

"No problem. Anything for a friend." Biana said she wanted Tam to be her number one, yet Sophie couldn't shake the feeling that the other guys she was talking about included Dex.

"Wait, it's only seven?" Sophie asked, turning her head to glance at the digital clock on the nightstand. "We have plenty of time."

"Not when I'm done with you," Biana said in what seemed like an evil way to Sophie.

Sophie looked at the rose gold dress Biana was wearing. It had several patterns and accents of white and actual gold interlaced in various places. Even though it seemed fairly simple by Biana's standards, it was way too fancy for Sophie's taste.

And on the inside, Sophie was begging, Please, please, please let her be joking.

She wasn't joking. After about an hour and a half of playing Dress-Up and applying makeup to Linh, it was Sophie's turn. Linh had a spaghetti-strapped dress that was yellow with lines of riffles going down to her knees. She also had on a pair of white leggings and black flats. Her makeup was well done and Sophie couldn't even begin to describe it because she didn't know the names of all those products.

It took Biana an hour to do Sophie's make-up. She had yellow eyeshadow, which made her honey-brown eyes pop. Her normally straight blonde hair was wavy and she also had some blush on. (Sophie didn't think the blush is needed since she'll probably look as red as a tomato at the Matchmaking Office.) Biana seemed considerate of what the two shy girls liked to wear, and put Sophie in a two-finger strapped white dress/shirt that went halfway down her thighs. Sophie wore black leggings and black flats to go along with her hair and makeup.

Sophie had to admit, Biana worked a miracle because even she, herself, thought she looked good. Biana had a purple dress that went down to her knees, encrusted with shining, silver jewels, and was slightly puffy. Her hair was in a natural-looking, messy bun.

"So, what do you think? I tried to make you look pretty, but at the same time make you feel comfortable," Biana asked, hopefulness and pride glinting in her aquamarine eyes.

"Well, I like it. Just a little too much for me but . . . I think I look good," Linh said with a smile, making Biana's own grow wider.

"Yeah. I like what you did with me too. I just hope I don't look too different to the guys," Sophie said shyly. In truth, she really did want to look extraordinary for one of the guys.