Chapter 6 - Hope

"Sophie! Wake up already!" Linh shouted—which, coming from her, wasn't that loud.

Sophie felt the soft thumps of a pillow hitting her back and knew they weren't coming from Linh.

"Biana, stop hitting me! I'm up!" Sophie grumbled, sitting up in the bed. Linh and Biana were already dressed for the day.

Sophie yawned and stretched her arms and back. "What time is it?"

"Time for you to be awake!" Biana retorted, and stopped attacking her friend with the pillow.

"It's nine in the morning," Linh answered after a short chuckle.

"Already?" Sophie exclaimed in disbelief, her eyes wide in surprise.

Sophie immediately assumed her time spent awake with Fitz must have made her tired. Her eyes suddenly bulged.

Fitz!

Her memories flooded back to her and her cheeks blossomed a deep red. They had had tea and talked a little and . . . he still likes her?

Sophie saw Biana's perfect eyebrows shoot up in curiosity, but ignored it, too distracted with her thoughts of last night. As Biana and Linh spoke, Sophie contemplated whether she even had a chance with Fitz or not.

"Sophie!" Linh practically screamed in her face, interrupting her thoughts.

Sophie jumped. "What?" she asked.

Now that Linh saw she finally had Sophie's attention, she asked, "Are you even listening?"

Biana softened her voice. "She's probably thinking about last night."

"Oh," Linh responded before looking at Sophie. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Maybe in a bit?" Sophie offered and they nodded.

Then Sophie tossed a pillow at Biana to get her back for slapping her with a pillow. Shyly, Sophie turned her head to face Linh and said, "Sorry. What were you saying again?"

Before Linh had a chance to answer, Biana threw the pillow back at Sophie. It hit Sophie in the face, taking her by surprise. With a sly smile, Biana said, "You need to get out of bed, you lazy bum. The boys are waiting for us."

"Ow," Sophie mumbled as she got out of bed—this time, careful not to trip over the sheets. She still had the pillow in hand.

As Sophie passed Biana on her way to the bathroom, she smacked her lightly with the pillow as Linh giggled and said, "Biana and I woke up in the middle of the night. We think we heard people talking downstairs but it wasn't like we could ask you what you thought the sounds were since, y'know, you weren't there."

Sophie froze in her tracks, her hand suspended mid-air on the way to the bathroom doorknob. "I—I don't know what you're talking about," she said as nonchalantly as she could.

"Mmhmm . . . sure you don't," Biana said in a teasing, scolding tone, pushing Sophie into the bathroom. "Hurry up. The boys are starving."

Before Sophie began brushing her teeth, she mumbled, "I went downstairs to get something to drink."

Did we wake them up? was all Sophie could think.

"Sounded a little more than just you getting tea," Biana questioned, knowing full well Sophie never specified what drink she was getting.

"Sounded like there was someone else there, too," Linh chimed in.

"Ooh, yeah," Biana replied and Sophie rolled her eyes at her friends' teasing.