Alpha Male (BXB)

Hello amazing readers!

This is the first time I have done a novel for werewolves, and I hope that you all enjoy it. Please leave a comment, and don't forget to vote!

1Blossom

P.S. PLEASE Thank @angellover254 for doing such an amazing job at editing the novel for me. She still working on it as of now but I am posting the chapters she has corrected. It is scattered. : )

~ ~ ~ ~

Chapter 1

~Josiph~

"How long are you going to continue with this, Josiph?" my beta, Derek asked. Derek was one of my closest friends in the pack, making him beta, after my father and his beta stepped down three months ago. Even though it was a hard decision for my father, he had to due to his age. He felt like it was his time to step down, and finally give me the opportunity to be pack leader. His beta—although unheard of—also stepped down which brought the choice to the new alpha—me, to pick his beta. Derek, being my friend was my first choice, and my only choice.

"As long as I can until I find her," I answered him in all honesty.

Derek was quiet for a bit, before he spoke, "Josiph, we'd been to over seven different packs in the past month! There aren't many packs left in our region that you can go to," he pointed out. I knew it was true, but I wasn't just going to give up just like that.

In the past month Derek and I had visited seven different packs across the region. We had to get their alpha's permission to cross into their territory, but luckily they all welcomed us, since they knew I was trying to find my mate. Though, it was all worthless because she wasn't anywhere to be found!

"I know, but I can feel that she's close by."

"Well, maybe she could feel that you're close by as well, and she's also looking for you," Derek said coming up from behind me and placed his hand on my shoulder trying to reassure me. "But, you shouldn't be looking for her the way you are now. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten around that you'd been looking for your mate and that by doing so, you'd pretty much lost sight in some pack needs."

Clenching my teeth I answered him, "I have not lost sight in my packs needs."

"You might not think so, but that's not what a potential alpha is going to think," Derek said ignoring the potential danger of angering his alpha. Out of everyone in the pack he was the only one who wouldn't back down to drive out his point. He was also the only one who would actually stand up against his alpha in a conversation. Everyone else would be cowering away if I even showed a little anger toward something, or someone. "You know as well as I do Josiph, that when an alpha is looking for a mate as you've been doing in seven different packs, other alphas tend to notice. And in doing so they tend to get some bravado and try to wipe the unexpected alpha and take over their pack. Don't you remember what happened two years ago?" he went on asking, trying to get his point across.

Of course he already knew the answer to his question, but he still had to ask.

"Yes, I remember," I finally answered through clenched teeth, even though I knew what he was saying was true. There was a story about a young Alpha two years ago who was looking for his mate. This story was told many times to the younger wolves when they were growing up and learning about who they were. The wolf in this story wasn't much older than I am now, and he had been doing just what I'd been doing for the past month, searching for his mate. Other alphas took notice and went on a rampage on the young wolf's pack. After the alpha was killed, they took over his pack separating families and friends between packs. Some tried to escape to different packs, but those who tried were killed instantly. It was chaos for months after the incident, and while many tried to forget what had happened to the young male, many still could picture it. Even his mate who had felt his death to the very last breath he took.

"Your father wouldn't be too happy if that happened to his only son's pack," Derek told me.

"I know he wouldn't be. I wouldn't be either, but being so close to her is messing with my head! I can't think straight. Everything is just so jumbled up! And let's not forget how my wolf is trying to take over just to find her. And sadly to say, my wolf is winning."

Derek laughed at that. "Well, I'd never experienced that feeling before, but I have heard the stories of how others had to find their mates, and it sounds pretty dang true. Congratulations Josiph, you have now joined the club of many other love-struck puppies," Derek said slapping his hand on my back shoulder with a grin.

"You watch it Derek, because it will happen to you too, one day," I said with a shake of my head as I joined him in the laughter.

"Not in a million years," he answered still laughing.

"You remember that, because when it happens I will be the one rubbing it in your face, telling you, 'I told you so.'"

"I'll keep you to that then." He chuckled. "Now let's go home to our family and find out what's been happening since we've been gone."

I nodded my head, answering him. Logically, I should be the one telling him what to do, but this time I let him get away with it. But, only this one time.

Getting into the black truck parked at the end of the last packs' territory, we made our way back to our own pack. It was only about a forty-five minute drive, but still far enough that I had my father looked over my pack for me until I got back home. He might have already stepped down a few months ago, but the man was still capable of watching over the pack when I was unable to do so. He was still and always be the great alpha.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Well I know his chapter is rather short sadly, but if I kept going it would just be really long before I would finally have an actual chance to end it correctly again. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and continue to read!

Don't forget to leave a comment, would love to know what you thought of the first chapter of my new novel.