Chapter 15

Hello everyone, and welcome back to the next chapter of Alpha Male!

I hope you all enjoyed the last chapter, and hope that you enjoy this chapter as well.

For this chapter I will be dedicating to @MirandaBuchan. Miranda is also an amazing writer, and though she tied for third place in the first competition she didn't give up and kept trying. Miranda has been awarded third place in the competition, and we were happy to have her in the competition as well. We do hope to see her in another competition later on as well! Please do not FORGET to CHECK OUT Mianda's books.

1Blossom

~~~

Chapter 15

~Josiph~

“He shut the damn door in our face!” my wolf roared in anger. "Does he not know who the hell we are!?” My wolf then added a growl vibrating in my throat, but this was more of the alpha part of my wolf speaking. The part of me that wanted to just barge into the house and put my foot down until Lucas sang every last word he was keeping from me. Not literally sing every last word, but same difference. I just wanted him to speak up about what he was hiding from me even if it caused me pain. However, that would ruin everything my father, and his father before him had worked hard for, and we couldn't afford that.

For generations since before my father had been born, the pack had been more of a family, rather than a race to see who was better, or to make pack members fear one another. Alphas grew up learning that in this pack everyone was to be treated equally, and that as alpha we couldn’t force other pack members to speak up against their will. Doing so could cost an alpha their rights. Instead, as a young alpha cub we had been taught to protect everyone in the pack with our lives, and to stand up for everyone no matter their difference, and love them all with our hearts. “Family” had been what my grandfather once called it before his tragic death years ago, and in his honor my father kept his spirit alive, teaching what he had been taught to his son; me. I'm not perfect however, but hopefully in a few years I could become the man my father was as an alpha.

So here I was standing on the porch breathing in deeply as I calmed my wolf down. As much as I wanted to barge into the house, I didn't want to ruin everything for my family, as well as for my future family and children. That is, if I can ever have any offspring of my own.

After several minutes, I was able to make my way off the porch, and into the small path heading back to the road. The wind was blowing towards me which casted the fresh scent of pine trees and roses, a calming smell but there was something more to the scent.

Somewhere deep within the fresh scents of pine trees and roses was another scent. It was faint, but still noticeable if you were paying attention, and at the moment I was paying attention. It was an older male’s scent, but not too much older than myself, which showed eagerness, as well as attraction.

I took a deeper breath putting the smell to memory as I sorted out all other scents but this one male’s. He had been trying to hide his scent, that much was obvious, but he had failed a bit in his actions as plants and trees around him had absorbed his essence. The essence of an Alpha Male.

A growl rose from deep within my throat coming out harshly, “get to Lucas's house now!” I yelled to Derek through our wolf channel. It was one of the few ways in which we could communicate through our wolf form, but as human we could still use it at times in case of an emergency. This was an emergency, and it's not as if we’d abuse it.

“On my way,” Derek replied quickly. I could hear the fear in his mind's voice before he cut the connection short.

Three minutes later Derek was standing beside me. He was wearing blue faded jeans and a black shirt as he came up beside me. Fear still showed in his eyes as he spoke, but he was able to sustain it.  “What's the problem?”

“He has been here,” I said simply looking in the direction the smell had come from.

“Who’s been here?”

I took a deep breath growling as his scent hit my nostrils again before speaking, “Breath in deeply the smells of the forest and tell me what you smell.”

He did as was told and took a deep breath in the direction of the forest. Seconds after his deep breath I could hear a growl erupted from his throat. “Who the hell was that?” he asked in his own anger as Beta of the pack. He too thought of everyone in the pack as family, and the alpha who had been on our property was a danger to the family he’s protecting.

“That’s who is after our young friends,” I said looking back in the direction of the house. All was silent in the house, but I knew they were there. I could feel them breathing, and hear them talking even though I couldn't make out what they were saying through the thick walls surrounding the house. “And he has found them.”

~~~

This chapter is a bit short, and I am sorry for that everyone, still I hope you all enjoy.

Also I would like to formally apologize for not posting sooner than today. Hope you all understand, and that shouldn't happen again because I FINALLY have my laptop. :)

1Blossom