1

The group walked along the empty road. Carl stood next to the twins as Daryl and Rick took lead in front of them. Michonne and Sasha took the back. Glenn was to the left of the kids while Maggie was to the right.

They use to have more people in their group but after the walkers attacked the prison, not many people survived. So now it was only the nine left.

The group saw a building ahead. The building was a old red brick building. It looked old but it would have to do for the night.

"Ok," Rick says stopping in his tracks, " Carl you and the twins are gonna stay here. The rest of us are gonna clear the building." The three nod.

Daryl pulled the twins to the side of the raod. "I want yall to listen to Carl. If he says something do it."

"I'm coming with you." Hunter says.

"No your not," Daryl said quick, "Your staying here with your sister." Hunter just nodded knowing he wouldn't get to help.

After the three finished talking Daryl gave them a hug before all the adults went to clear the building. Carl paced back and forth as he waited for them to get back.

"If you do that it will stress you out." Lilly says watching Carl.

"How would you know?" He asked, "Your like what six? Seven at the most."

"I'm a wolf remember?" She says.

Before Carl could say something back gun fire erupted down by the building. Carl stood up quickly and looked around. He got the twins and put them on the side of the road in tall grass. "Stay here." Carl says to them then takes off running towards the building.

The gun fire didn't stop for a while and it was grabbing the attention of walkers that was away from the building. Walkers came out of the trees and some noticed Hunter and Lilly. The twins took out their knives and started stabbing them in the heads. No matter how many they took out the more they came out of the woods.

They see bright lights and then two people run to them and start helping the twins. When all the walkers around them were dead the two people grabbed the twins and took of in their car.

________________

After the building was clear they came back for the twins that Carl's left in the grass. When they got there the twins were gone but many walker bodies were dead.

"Lilly!" Daryl screamed, "Hunter!"

"They were right here." Carl said as he paced back and forth on the road.

Daryl panicked as he couldn't find his kids. Where are they? Why did they leave? Was he a horrible father? Did they leave because of him? These are a few of the many questions that ran threw his mind.

In the back ground he heard a faint scream.

"Dad I swear-" Carl started but was cut off by Daryl.

"Shut up." Daryl hissed. He listened again.

"Daddy!" A scream echoed through the shy.

"Lilly!" Daryl yelled running towards the screamed.

The group took off running after Daryl, but they didn't hear what Daryl heard.

"Daryl what are you doing?" Rick asked.

"I lost my mate," Daryl says not stopping from his sprint, "I sure as hell ain't losing my kids."