somebody else

So I heard you found somebody else/ And at first I thought it was a lie/ I took all my things that make sounds/ The rest I can do without/ [I don't want your body/ But I hate to think about you with somebody else/ Our love has gone cold/ You're intertwining your soul with somebody else/ I'm looking through you while you're looking through you phone/ And then leaving with somebody else/ Oh, I don't want your body/ But I'm picturing your body with somebody else/] C'mon baby, this ain't the last time that I'll see your face/ And c'mon baby, you said you'd find someone to take my place/ Oh, I just don't believe that you have got it in you/ 'Cause we are just gonna keep 'doing it'/ Every time I start to believe in anything you're saying/ I'm reminded that I should be getting over it/ [chorus]/ Get someone you love?/ Get someone you need?/ Fuck that, get money/ I can't give you my soul 'cause we're never alone/ Get someone you love?/ Get someone you need?/ Fuck that, get money/ I can't give you my soul 'cause we're never alone/ [chorus]

IV

"It'll be good for you and it'll take your mind off of Peony," George said as he parked in front of the party he was persuading Matty to join.

"I don't want my mind to wander onto any subject that's not her," Matty was still distraught after 2 weeks.

"She moved on. Why can't you?" George quizzingly asked only to get a shrug from his best companion, "Fine, either come in or sit in the car."

No matter who tried to convince him otherwise, Matty couldn't stop hoping Peony would take him back. In his mind, they belonged together and he would do anything to have her again. George made countless to cheer his friend up, for he hated to see Matty this way, but they were no use. So tonight Matty took the initiative to help himself by following George into the house party.

V

Peony was holding up the wall with a red cup full of mysteries in hand. The date she came with was long gone. She must have had three cups too many, because she swore she saw a flutter of Matty. She rested assured, seeing it was all in her head. The kitchen is where she headed to refill.

It had been a while since Matty found himself at a party like this. The reckless Matty was chased away by Peony, but he hoped to find him tonight. All that was required was a drink to get him started. Ironically at the punch bowl was the girl who broke his heart not too long ago. At his arrival, she turned around to see him.

"Why, hello" she grinned as if everything between them was fine.

"Hi," he sheepishly greeted, "So I heard you found somebody else."

"That would be correct. Who gave you such information?"

"Oh, yes, your band buddy!" she paused for a moment, staring at the ceiling then back at him, "What about you, Matthew? Have you found anyone new?"

"Not yet..."

"I don't think you have it in you to move on," she chuckled.

"No, I'll find someone to take your place. Don't flatter yourself, Peony." he was becoming angry at how right she was.

"Oh c'mon! You know how this game goes: we'll just keep going around and around until we're together again." she finished refilling her cup and returned to the wall she was formerly at.

VI

All night, Matty watched her and her new gentleman from afar. There was a lot of jealousy inside of him. It was all odd. He didn't want her, per se. He just wasn't used to her with someone other him. In that moment he realized the hardest part of moving on: Peony would no longer be his. She would belong to other people.

Every time the two caught eyes, Peony would evilly tease him by displaying affection with her new guy. Matty should've woken up sooner to see the real Peony. She wasn't someone he needed. And he wasn't sure if he actually loved her, but if he did, it was a mistake. She wasn't someone he should've loved. He needed to align his focus on himself and his passion, music. That's all he needed.

  myaesthe_tic © | all rights reserved