Chapter 2.

Over the years, Draco and (M/N) grew closer. They spend more time together and their families even celebrated a few holidays together at one point. It was nice, the two boys growing up together. While (M/N) had grown less cold and had opened himself up, he had also found a strange connection with Draco, one that was mutual. Draco had grown more mature and well-mannered and even though he had a few slipups every now and again that made (M/N) want to find the nearest invisibility cloak and hide, the two were still great friends.

So, when they stepped foot onto platform 9 ¾, they were both more than happy to be there. Of course, both sets of their parents were there, busy saying their goodbyes. It seemed like a common theme for the two to have a loving and at times overly doting mother, while also having the pleasure of a distant and constantly disapproving father. Perhaps the two was cursed. At the very least, they could be happy they had each other. 

"Oh, I'll miss you so much!" Beamed Vesta, small tears in her (E/C) eyes. (M/N) had always been told he had his mother's eyes; it was one of the few features he didn't share with his father. It was about the seventh or so time Vesta had thrown herself at (M/N) for a goodbye. After about the third time the boy grew more and more annoyed, though as the polite and well-mannered young man he was, he didn't say anything. "I'll miss you too mother," He urged with a polite smile. "But I really have to go now. I have to find Draco so we can get a good spot," the (blonde, ginger, ravenette, brunette) explained, finally making his way out of his mother's grasp.Though the moment he finally got his mother to leave him alone, he stumbled straight into his father. "Father," (M/N) greeted simply, gulping a bit as he made eye contact. "Goodbye. I'll make sure to write you, as soon as I've been sorted into Slytherin," He assured confidently, his father watching him with a raised eyebrow. Whatever the man was thinking, (M/N) had no idea, he simply did his best to continue to appear confident in his words.

"You seem very sure of that, my son.. Just make sure the sorting hat is as well," Alaric commented, (M/N) smiling briefly and nodding at his father's words. "Now, best behaviour or I'll hear about it," He added, looking around at the other students near them. "And best only associate with someone who won't bring shame to our name. Do you understand?" Until then the male had been speaking to the bare air, only then turning to look at his son. Even though he had asked a question it sounded more of a demand. And upon that demand (M/N) nodded, assuring his father he had nothing to worry about before hurrying off to find Draco.

Truth be told he hadn't been able to spot Draco at first but had eventually caught sight of Mr. Malfoy's blond locks above the heads of the many students. After deciding Draco would at least be nearby, he made his way over.

The two stepped onto the train, looking around to find a compartment to sit in. The train was obviously old, dull curtains adorning the windows and ever so slightly creaking doors matching each compartment. When the two finally found one they were quick to sit. The compartment smelled of candy and old cushion and (M/N) couldn't help but scrunch his nose a bit.

The first half hour was spent with Draco ranting about how excited he was to be sorted. His father had apparently told him all about how, in Draco's words, 'cool' the Slytherin dorms were. To say Draco was hyped up was an understatement. That was until a girl knocked on the compartment door.

Her bushy brown hair filled up any excess space around her face as she stuck her head inside the compartment. As she spoke (M/N) took note of her large front teeth, smiling a bit. "Have you seen a toad?" She had asked, (M/N) looking confused for a bit. It wasn't exactly the question he had expected. "Why?" He asked in return.

The girl seemed to sigh. She stepped properly into the compartment, looking a bit around, presumably for the toad. "A boy named Neville has lost it," She explained. (M/N), who was seated closest to the compartment door, looked the girl over. Upon further inspection he noticed a few freckles over her nose and the fact that she was already wearing her robes.

"So, have you seen it or not?" The girl asked again, (M/N) shaking his head. "What about you, Draco?" He asked, the blonde shaking his head as well.

As the girl sighed and went to turn away, (M/N) stood, offering out his hand. "I'm (M/N) Silvertongue," He greeted, sending her a small smile, (E/C) eyes shining at her. "And this is my friend, Draco Malfoy." The girl smiled briefly and returned the handshake with a firm grip. "Hermione Granger, it's a pleasure."

"Good luck finding the toad," Draco called, causing Hermione to retrieve her hand so she could continue her search. "Right, thank you," She told before stepping out of the compartment, her brown locks bouncing a bit. Though she looked back, seemingly having remembered something. "Oh, and you two should change into robes. We'll be arriving shortly!" She told excitedly before the compartment door closed, Hermione rushing off.

Draco sighed, looking back at (M/N) who sat down, finding the bag he had packed his robes in. "She seemed very nice," He commented, rummaging ever so slightly through the bag. He looked over at Draco who shook his head a bit. "She seemed off," He commented, (M/N) tilting his head. He hadn't thought anything was wrong with Hemione at all, instead she seemed like a rather dedicated witch already. Surely, she was someone who'd be worth making friends with.

"She just didn't seem right. And I don't know the name Granger. And my father knows every important pureblood witch or wizard there is to know!" The blonde pointed out. (M/N) sighed. Perhaps there was something to what he was saying.

"She's probably a mudblood. I can't stand those," Draco huffed, rolling his eyes before making a motion to throw up. Even though (M/N) found him rather dramatic, he sighed and nodded, knowing Draco was right. (M/N)'s father definitely wouldn't approve of her if she was a muggleborn witch, he knew that much.

"You're right. I shouldn't hang around her.. Besides, I've got you," (M/N) assured before standing, his folded robes now in hand. "Now let's hurry and get changed into robes before we arrive."

Once again the chapter has been updated! It's over double the length of the original one actually! I hope you all enjoy it while i work on revamping chapter 3 as well as writing chapter 7!