03. First day

I'm so sorry for not updating before as I said I would. I just had a lot of things on my mind with school beginning and I kind of forgot everything else. I shortened out this because I wanted to share it with you as soon as I could, so I hope you still like it.

-------

Have you ever felt... lifeless?

As if the life you once had was stole from you?

But you can still see it. Feel it.

So close but so far away, hidden behind lies and empty promises.

That's how I've been feeling since that night.

Sometimes, I feel the need to escape. To be free again. But then I think about them, and I can't do that to them. Not when I'm everything they have beside each other.

I can't tell them either. What I have to endure every day. The façade I put on every time. They must be the only ones who know me as I really am, and if they knew... If they knew they'd force me to leave. To escape. But I'd be dammed if I leave them with that monster.

And they won't be able to follow me, because the only place where I'd be safe, is the one place where no mortal could pass through.

...

...

...

"Aiden! Ethan!"

"Aiden! Ethan!"

Wiping off the flour I had left on my cheeks from making breakfast, I then took the bright blue scrunchie, undoing the high ponytail where I've tried to keep my hair out of the food's way. Letting my straight hair fall over my shoulders, I sighed, knowing I'd have to shower again to take all of it out.

As none of the boys answered me, I opened my mouth, taking a deep breath, preparing to shout again, "ETHAN! AID-"

"We're not deaf, you know."

Rubbing his sleepy eyes, Ethan walked into the kitchen. He dragged his feet through the floor until he let himself fall into his seat, where his breakfast awaited him. Pancakes and orange juice. One of the only few things I knew how to cook.