04. Brothers

I snorted

I snorted.

My tears, fueled by the anger and sorrow I felt, had since washed away.

My weakened state was long forgotten, and instead I watched my two idiotic pack mates fight. My back was leant against the cold wall of the Hospital's desert parking lot, my arms crossed together over my chest and my signature smirk showed the amusement I felt as I watched the scene in front of me.

The only thing missing was a glass of warm B positive blood.

"This is your fault!"

"How is this my fault? I was doing what you told me to do!" Ennis growl made it even more difficult for me to shallow down my laugh.

"I didn't tell you to lose to a Beta!"

"I DID NOT LOSE TO A BETA!"

Amusement was quickly overpowered by proudness, wiping out any trace from the smirk which once seemed to have been permanent.

Ignoring the imminent fight of the two ready-to-claw-their-hearts-out-werewolves-Alphas, my mind seemed to think for itself, as –I felt myself being lost to the memories I have been forcing myself to forget, or at least, ignore.

ONE HOUR BEFORE

"You're late."

I took out the car keys, the car shutting down with a beautiful purr. I put on my smirk before getting out of the car, my heels gracefully touching the floor, nearly inaudible.

I had just parked in the Hospital's parking lot, Kali and Ennis a few feet in front of me and my car. Ennis stood behind a fuming Kali, bored, which meant that this plan was Kali's.

"So... what do you need my help for?" I asked, smirking wider as I knew how much Kali hated that.

"Your toy is here-"

"Pup!" smiling genuinely, I interrupted Kali, my hands clapping together as I happily thought of my friend. After my torture –which I greatly regretted- I helped him, and he helped me, nut after Kali threatened him I had no choice but to erased his memory or he wouldn't have had a chance to remember. Or even breathe again.

"You can calm down now, you're not going to be anywhere near him."

My mood changed, going from overly happy to murderer angry.

"What?"

"What she meant to say," Ennis chuckled, his grave voice rumbling, "was that you will be in charge of the girl while Kali deals with your boy toy."

I saw red. My sight darkened knowing I couldn't do anything to help him without Deucalion finding out and killing me definitely. I could see that Kali and her dog knew it too as both of them stood in front of me, making a good use of their time to smirk as they enjoyed my anger.