05. Bringer of Death

Third person POV

Isaac paced nervously in front of the window of Derek's hale. His Alpha sat on one of his dark sofas, reading a book with his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

"You know, I'm starting not to like this idea." Announced Isaac, his hands clenching, "Sounds kinda dangerous." He turned around again, "You know what? I definitely don't like this idea, and I definitely don't like him." He said, pointing at Derek.

"You'll be fine."

Isaac stopped, facing the clear morning sky through the tall window, "Does it have to be him?"

"He knows how to do it. I don't." Derek stated as his beta walked over to him, "Be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself."

Isaac looked to the apartment's roof, as if rethinking before asking, "You know Scott doesn't trust him, right? You know, personally, I'd..." Derek stopped pretending to read and focused in his frightened beta, "well, I'd trust Scott."

"Do you trust me?"

Isaac stopped for a second or two, thinking about Derek's question before answering, "Yeah," as Derek went back to his book, Isaac complained again, "I still don't like him."

Without looking up, Derek answered, "Nobody likes him."

"Boys," sarcastically, a voice called out, catching the attention of the two werewolves as the wooden door opened loudly, "F.Y.I., yes, coming back from the dead has left my abilities somewhat impaired, but the hearing still works." he walked down the stairs as Derek rolled his eyes, "So I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face." Peter, Derek's dead-but-brought-back-to-the-living uncle said, stopping right in front of his nephew and Isaac.

"We don't like you." Derek suddenly closed his heavy book with a bang, which resounded throughout the entire room for a few seconds. Getting up, he said, "Now shut up and help us."

"Fair enough."

Isaac tensed up as he saw Peter's claws come out.

Hesitantly, he did what Peter said and sat down in one of the chairs. Derek, suddenly nervous too but trying to hide it, sat near his beta.

"Relax. I'll get more out of you if you're calm."

As Peter walked behind him, Isaac called out, "How do you know how to do this, again?"

Observing his claws, Peter answered smugly, "It's an ancient ritual used mostly by alphas, since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice." Tracing the back of Isaac's neck with his claws, he added, "One slip, and you could paralyze someone. Or kill them."

Derek's head shot up, concerned.

"You... You've had a lot of practice, though, right?" Isaac asked.

"Well, I've never paralyzed anyone."

"Wait, does that mean that you-" but Peter didn't let him end his question, sinking his claws deep inside him. Isaac unconsciously hissed as he took hold of Peter's wrists, the pain far greater than anything he could think of at that moment.

Flashes of memories appeared inside Peter's mind, but as the pain increased, so did Isaac's trashing. Derek got up to stop his uncle when Peter said, "Wait, I see them."

Boyd was tied against a pole, his female companion had her back to Isaac. Suddenly, two different figures, shorter but stronger than Isaac entered the room. A fight against them and Isaac broke out. Isaac lost and was pushed out of the room, his protests loud. Peter saw and heard Deucalion and his conversation with the betas. The last memory though, scared Peter so much he let go of Isaac, both of them shooting into different directions.